Author Topic: Montana to ban Cycling on rural raods!  (Read 5525 times)

Pavel

Re: Montana to ban Cycling on rural raods!
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 05:04:55 am »
We are making a mistake here.  We are thinking that since it does not make any sense what-so-ever, that it will likely not pass.  There is no historic ancedent for that here, I'm afraid.

on another note; I usually am very much against any suppression of opinion, but have to confess to so much B.S. fatigue, that had it not been for mickeg's mention of it, and bobs explanation of it, my impulse was to leave the forum over the comment bob had made, had it been cheered on.  That makes me take a step back and wonder how strangely far my normal perspective has drifted.  I'm kind of shocked at my first reaction. It's like I've lost my sense of humor and good cheer.

I guess some sort of lesson learned here, sadly. I need to get pedaling more.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 07:16:11 am »
I guess some sort of lesson learned here...
Yep; best for us to stick to bikie stuff rather than the Bigger Political Questions.

In times of popular and societal fatigue, it is wise to remember a quote:

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” -- Albert Einstein

Let's keep moving on and get back to discussing the important things as friends with lots in common...(Thorn) bikes, great rides, tents, Rohloff ratios, what to take, and where we've gone/are going in the better weather ahead.

I'm planning an extended desert tour sometime in May if all goes well. :)

Best,

Dan.
Thorn Cycling Forum Administrator

jags

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 12:06:22 pm »
just don't go to montana Dan  ;)

Pavel

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 04:28:09 pm »
My wife retires in two and a half years, and I've had more than enough living on the east coast.  Now, I like life here, just as I really enjoyed many aspects of living in Canada (except the cold) so it's not dissatisfaction at all, just the outlook that life lived too comfortably is life not lived. Montana is a place that I have long yearned to see. In fact it is along with Idaho one of the top two places that I'd like to tour through, either the proper way on a bicycle, or the old man way on a motorcycle. No danger of moving there though, only due to the long cold winters and my dislike of long underwear. :) But a bonehead decision by some bureaucratic flunky, would make me seriously re-consider a long held dislike of protests. I might just resolve to boycott the state, just as I hope to any with mandatory helmet laws for adults.  Of course not having my $47 dollars per week of travel, would not exactly bring that states' finances to capitulation. :D But a point is a point, eh?

Of course in the end, I'd probably have a beer, and realize that if I were to boycott and protest meaningful things in a fair manner,  I'd have to move off this planet - and that's even colder than Canada! :D
So I just hope this does not come to pass, and better get out there to take some of the big sky country in, during their two months of summer. :)

energyman

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2017, 07:20:13 pm »
Vancouver Island is nice.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2017, 07:35:23 pm »
Vancouver Island is nice.
Spent months of my growing-up years there. Lovely!

Especially fond memories of the Saanich Inlet and Lake Cowichan.

Best,

Dan.