Author Topic: Thorn Raven Tour frame 612S - Sold  (Read 4107 times)

sweats

Thorn Raven Tour frame 612S - Sold
« on: January 07, 2017, 01:33:34 pm »
Having a clear out of my some of my Thorn collection :'(
First up is this Thorn Raven Tour 612S frame and fork. I am 5'11 and found the frame as set up with drop bars perfect for a relaxed upright ride. It could be made to accommodate a much larger rider. Frame has recently been powder coated stealth satin black. Since the powder coating the frame has been built up but only used for a couple of very short trips so is in excellent, unmarked condition. The frame badge was removed prior to powder coating. I have not reattached it but will include it in the sale. This was a spare frame, one of two I have somehow managed to acquire! I enjoyed building it up to my exacting standards. I will be sorry to see this go but it deserves to be used. 
Pictures of the bike built up are here:-
https://flic.kr/s/aHskoKvo8L
Pictures of the frame are here:-
https://flic.kr/s/aHskLpm9Pw
For the eagle eyed the clip on the crossbar is a section of plastic pipe that I used as a frame protector from the drop bars. It clips on/off. The paint is unmarked underneath when it is taken off.
I am happy to sell this as a bare frame (I would include a Shimano bottom bracket (new) + Thorn eccentric, Thorn seatpost, FSA headset (new) and stainless frame bolts).
For an additional price I would also consider selling as per the latter set of photo's. All you would need to provide to build up into a complete bike would be a set of wheels with hub, a chainset. seat and set of mudgaurds. The additional parts I can include are - FSA Vero 420mm compact drop bars(new), Rohloff changer mounted on bar mounted stub, On One oversized stem (new), Tektro levers(new), headset spacers(new), new Rohloff cables + new quick release cable ends. Shimano Deore V brakes, new brake blocks and new brake cables with inline cable adjusters. All none new parts are in excellent condition.
I would be looking for £230.00 ovno for the frame/BB/eccentric/seatpost/headset.
If you are interested in some or all of the remaining parts we could negotiate a price depending on what you would like.
Ideally collection from Wadebridge, North Cornwall or Poole, Dorset but I am happy to securely package and courier at the buyers expense. Message me if you require any further info or pictures.
Thanks for looking :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 04:56:06 pm by sweats »

Pavel

Re: Thorn Raven Tour frame 612S
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 07:34:20 pm »
wow, that is a very, very good price.

macspud

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 11:40:04 pm »
Hi sweats,

Could you tell me, has the steerer tube been cut and so what length it is, please.

Best,
Iain.

sweats

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 11:19:39 am »
Hi Iain
I am sure the steerer tube is uncut but will measure it and come back you.
Regards
Chris

sweats

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 05:56:57 pm »
Hi Iain
Steerer tube is approx 33cm long. I am sure it is uncut.
Message me if you need any more info.
Chris

rualexander

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 06:13:34 pm »
I would say it looks like it must have been cut down to some extent.
Thorn steerers are usually very long, even allowing for the fact that this is a large size.
My size 610s Sherpa's steerer was longer than that before I cut it down.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 06:20:26 pm »
Perhaps our own Dave Whittle can weigh in with a thought here...Dave?  :)

I recently ordered a replacement Sherpa Mk2 fork to fit to another brand of frame (project bike awarded to an elder friend for Christmas). Uncut, it measured 400mm from crown race seat to end of steerer.

When pondering available forks, I noticed the Raven Tour fork is listed as having a 350mm crown race-to-end steerer measurement. This was consistent with the one fitted to AndyBG's Raven Tour he so kindly loaned me for my 2014 tour.

Unfortunately, the Raven Sports Tour forks appear to be out of stock and no steerer length is listed on the SJS Cycles website.

All the best,

Dan.

sweats

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 06:52:55 pm »
Measurement was only approximate. I did not take the forks off. Will take down and get the exact measurement.  :)

sweats

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 06:59:59 pm »
Thorn quote steerer length of 350mm for replacement 612S forks.

sweats

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 07:08:12 pm »
Just measured. 350mm! So uncut. Sorry for any confusion.

rualexander

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 08:35:16 pm »
Fair enough, just checked the SJS site and the Sherpa forks I have are 400mm, so that explains why yours looked a bit shorter to me.

sweats

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 08:43:13 pm »
That is one long steerer!! :)

macspud

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2017, 04:39:17 am »
Thanks Chris. I've sent you a PM.

sweats

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 05:52:46 pm »
Frame and extras now sold. Thanks for all the interest.
Chris :)