Author Topic: anto's audax.  (Read 85239 times)

jags

Re: anto's audax.
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2017, 08:22:13 pm »
Ah she's well used to me now Dan.

jags

« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2017, 11:50:40 pm »
ordered sks black mudguards and conti gatorhardshell in 28 today ,im not going to bother using a 28 up front don't think theres any need to be honest, besides i have a new set of conti in 25  just waiting for summer to fit them.so that will be the finishing touches to this lovely audax , have to say i'm well pleased .
roll on the summer.

anto.

jags

« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2017, 05:59:08 pm »
just fitting these mudguards man there a pain in the ass to get perfect ,gonna need a dremmell to cut stays kinda hard to get it dead centered over the tyre.
watched a utube video made it look very easy  :'( :'(.
have to wait now until son inlaw comes with the cutting gear
that's the latest buzz .

anto.

[Photos added from Anto. -- Best, Dan.]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 02:12:45 am by Danneaux »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2017, 02:13:37 am »
Anto,

You'll likely need to attach the fender/mudguard stay ends to the second set of eyelets on the rack.

The 'guards and rack look really nice being black to match the frame.  :)

Best,

Dan.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 02:15:40 am by Danneaux »

jags

« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2017, 10:20:42 am »
Cheers dan the reason I didn't fit the stayes to the second hole was none of the bolts would fit guess I need to drill the hole bigger its not threaded btw.hopefull ill get them finished today thanks dan your a gem what would I do without you.    Anto

jags

« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2017, 03:03:08 pm »
Well i only just got  the mudguards sorted  ,man never again  there's definitely a knack in getting sks fenders spot on.
but yeah i got there in the end no fun when you have 2 grandkids helping you  ::) ::).
so that's it me bike is finished i won't annoy you lot again with Anto's Audax next photos will be me cycling the roads of co louth n meath  ;)
so yeah hope yis all enjoyed the build from start to finish i certainly did.

anto.

[Photos from Anto added. -- Dan.]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 04:56:26 pm by Danneaux »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2017, 04:58:28 pm »
Looks terrific, Anto!  :)

You may wish to consider adding a front mudflap. A long one can go far toward keeping the drivetrain clean and will really reduce maintenance when riding in poor weather.

All the best,

Dan.

geocycle

« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2017, 05:01:32 pm »
Mudguards look great, worth the effort.  Just waiting for John's approval.... I agree about the mudflap, makes a big difference.

jags

« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2017, 05:03:19 pm »
consider that one Dan thanks. ;)

anto.

thanks geocycle don't think i'll be getting any medals from leftpoole  ;D ;D

Relayer

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2017, 06:59:53 am »
Looking good anto ... it just needs a wee black Zefal HPX on the back there   ;)

leftpoole

« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2017, 09:44:22 am »
Mudguards look great, worth the effort.  Just waiting for John's approval.... I agree about the mudflap, makes a big difference.

'Just' need to cut the stays down to hide unsightly ends.
Approval..........?
John  ;D

geocycle

« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2017, 11:05:56 am »

'Just' need to cut the stays down to hide unsightly ends.
Approval..........?
John  ;D

Well done John, I always hold you as the gold standard when it comes to mudguards!

jags

« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2017, 11:25:44 am »
Cant cut stays as ihave them fitted in the black plastic thing a me jig that comes with the fenders.nah happy enough there spot on if I do say so myself. I'm surprised nobody notices the rear tyre lol 28 and 25 up front . jim I have the zefal hpx on there.anyway I had plans to go out this morning but my feckin back is in agony and its starting to snow :'(.big thanks to my good friend Dan for all his help from day one and posting all the photos for.me hes one nice guy I don't think in all the years i've been talking to Dan either here or on facebook he utter an angry word to me and god knows I wrecked his head many a time with stupid questions ,so anyway thanks Dan Thorn is super lucky to have you running  this forum as we all are.

anto.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 11:34:21 am by jags »

jags

« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2017, 02:24:14 pm »
i put the shimano pedals back on  adjusted the cleats on my old shimano shoes  and went out around town 8 miles freezing  out there lads  :o :o.
it was crackin me up i couldn't use the new pedals because of foot pain  so had to try again ,this time was much better but still pain in my right foot not anything as near as bad as when i first tried  so getting there slowly.
i could feel the difference in the rear 28 conti  hard to believe i know but seems 3mm makes a difference but it does  ;)
that's the latest buzz from me anyone doing anything worth doing ;)

Anto.

Matt2matt2002

« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2017, 05:10:36 pm »
Just seen your pictures.
Very very nice looking machine.
Thanks for posting.
Matt
Never drink and drive. You may hit a bump  and spill your drink