Author Topic: anto's audax.  (Read 85238 times)

jags

Re: anto's audax.
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2017, 10:49:27 am »
cheers Lads still have a few bits to add when ever i can afford it .
i can't believe i still have the Terry Dolan usually im selling stuff to buy a new bike ,no more selling for this kid im keeping what i have .
scotland is still on the cards for may but all depends on the funds ,i have  few tours in mind for here so i'll see what happens.
cheers lads

anto.

John Saxby

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2017, 04:42:51 pm »
I have a few tours in mind for here

You've got the bike for it, lad -- enjoy!

jags

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2017, 05:25:23 pm »
yip i think so John i love the lightweight system Dan has everything into the carradice longflap should be good for 2 to 3 days touring even more i suppose depending on the weather ;)

Neil Jones

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2017, 06:12:55 am »
Hi Anto, the Audax looks the business and sounds like the test ride went well.

I reckon that bike will be perfect for your needs. I agree that Dan's Longflap would be the ideal bag for a short mini tour.

What gearing are you running?

Neil

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2017, 08:33:09 am »
Anto got lit!  ;D

Photos with his current lighting setup, attached below.

All the best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2017, 11:22:15 am »
Thanks Dan yeah i know i'm not right in the head  but sure what else would a fella be doing at 12o clock of a monday night only taking photos of the new baby.
i need proper mudguards  think i'll go with the sks black whenever.

anto.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2017, 06:06:04 pm »
Outdoors in daylight, detachable rear mudguard fitted.

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2017, 06:32:55 pm »
Cheers Dan there was many a bike got there photo taken beside that shed  ;Did

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2017, 05:33:04 am »
Anto's Audax is sporting a new blue County Louth sticker. Matches the 'bar tape.

<Bling!>  ;D

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2017, 12:42:13 pm »
Looks better in the flesh .next purchase is mudguards  the roads are terrible hard to keep the bike clean.NEil I bought the 4703 TIagra chain set triple 50/39/30.tiagra ten speed cassette 11:34 great range of gears and I need them .

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2017, 05:09:56 pm »
Anto's Audax in the wild...!

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2017, 05:24:24 pm »
thanks Dan for posting the photos  bike was class going like a clock pity about the pilot some serious foot and back pain .
can anyone recommend a good stiff sole spd shoes .the shimano shoes i ware  i reckon the soles are to soft any thoughts lads  :'(

anto.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2017, 05:42:26 pm »
Anto,

A friend of mine in Germany recently had the same problem and ordered carbon inserts/insoles for his SPD shoes. He said they worked a treat and solved his foot pain. Might be worth a look, but they're generally expensive. I believe he got these:
http://www.solestar.de/en/

I have foot issues too; fortunately, my SPD shoe problems were solved completely and less expensively by using Spenco orthotics. They felt so good, I added them to my street shoes. See: https://www.spenco.com/product.aspx?prodid=47&catid=17
They make a variety of models and have one golden benefit: The fabric covering them is really durable so they don't wear out and develop wear-holes in a blink as some kinds do.

The problem of foot comfort while cycling must be widespread, judging by the huge number of inserts/insoles that have flooded the market in the last couple of years. I wouldn't have thought there was enough demand to keep more than a couple firms in business, but now there are dozens, each selling a variety of models. The trick seems to be finding one that works well for you. I've already learned some of the most popular models simply don't agree with me.

All the best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2017, 06:07:38 pm »
this is an ongoing problem with me ,i have 2 sets of orthotics both useless and they cost me a small fortune as well ,i also have 2 sets of ones simular to yours going to try  the set i have in my road shes next spin.didn't know u could get carbon insoles   might be cheaper than new shoes. ;)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2017, 06:18:05 pm »
Depending on how your road shoes are drilled, you can sometimes fit SPD cleats to them. You won't be walking very far or easily, but it can work if you need to.

If you have a nice, stiff pair of road shoes, it might be worth a try. Just don't walk on the house floors with this combo or June will kill you dead on the spot.

All the best,

Dan.