Author Topic: Morbid, moi?  (Read 4978 times)

mickeg

Re: Morbid, moi?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2017, 01:50:34 pm »
A friend of mine volunteers time at a bike charity.  It is a real charity, donations to them get a tax deduction in USA.  They accept donated bikes and parts, they fix them up and sell them.  Disadvantaged kids get discounts to buy them.  They also hire local kids and try to help teach them a skill (bike shop mechanics and retail experience).  Occasionally they get some really nice stuff and price it appropriately to hang in a window.  I donated a bike, a new frame that I changed my mind on and decided not to use, several other parts, etc.  I also bought some parts from them a year ago when I bought a new rando bike frame and built it up.

There was another volunteer at that charity that recently died.  He did not want his beautiful Litespeed Ti bike to go to a stranger so he gave it to that friend of mine that also volunteers time to them.

Option three, find a consignment seller that sells stuff on Ebay and gives your estate a percentage of the sale.  Write up the description that goes with each item since consignment sellers are clueless on a lot of the stuff people give them to sell.  Then tell whomever that does your estate that the bikes and bike stuff should go to that Ebay seller for consignment sale.

It is January 1 here where I live.  Do you guys that are in January 3 or January 31 have any stock market tips for me to boost my retirement fund?

Matt2matt2002

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2017, 07:06:59 pm »
An idea from Scotland.
Give all your bike's away to your desired reciecive but keep them untill the great day arrives.
Then the folks can turn up to pay their last respects and depart with a treasured memory.

Matt
Star date 2 nd Jan  2016
19.06 local time.
Never drink and drive. You may hit a bump  and spill your drink

Mike Ayling

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2017, 11:18:42 pm »

It is January 1 here where I live.  Do you guys that are in January 3 or January 31 have any stock market tips for me to boost my retirement fund?

It is still only January 3 here today.

Nah, stock market tips are not the way to go. Try sports betting. Much easier if you already know the result of a sports event, i.e the Cricket Test Match between Australia and Pakistan starting today will be won by??? (Ask Dan.)

Cheers

Mike

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2017, 12:49:58 am »
Nevermind the bikes, I really miss my friend.  :'(
=====
I live in the upper-left corner of the YewEssay. Most television live shows and call-in votes on contests are shown live for the Eastern time zone and are long over by the time we see the shows three hours later. We usually only see a little message at the bottom of the screen saying "Recorded Live. Voting is closed for your time zone" or "Tape delayed broadcast". We try to stay away from the radio or the Internet lest the outcome be revealed early, spoiling the suspense. Presidents are usually elected before our polls even close.  :-\

I may not be able to help much on bets.  ;)

Best,

Dan.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 12:55:04 am by Danneaux »

John Saxby

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2017, 04:13:25 pm »
When clubs are Trump, all bets are off.  Sorry-o...