Author Topic: new badge .  (Read 3073 times)

jags

new badge .
« on: November 10, 2016, 12:13:54 pm »
would it be possible to fit a new stainless steel badge on my  new Audax.
if so how would i go about getting one and actually fitting it to headtube.

cheers
jags.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: new badge .
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 06:40:23 pm »
Did something happen to the badge that came with your Audax, Anto, or are you looking to fit the old-style stainless badge?

If the latter, I'm afraid you're out of luck. Those were silver-soldered to the frame at time of manufacture when Thorn had its own on-site framebuilding shop.

The more recent badges are stick-ons, but several cuts above the usual variety and far nicer than just a decal. If yours has become damaged, perhaps a call to SJS Cycles would turn up a solution of some kind.

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 06:53:13 pm »
no damage Dan god forbid  :o
no i just think the stainless badge  is class .no matter Dan sure i might as well dream here as in bed.
BTW carbon mudguards to fit my new baby  any links to where i can buy  don't think sjs sells them. carbon look would do fine. ;)

cheers
jags.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 08:19:15 pm »
Glad the head badge is okay.

Carbon mudguards currently produced don't seem to offer the full tire coverage of plastic, stainless, or aluminum 'guards. Some flat ones are produced by Gilles Berthoud. I am delighted to see SJS Cycles once again carries some carbon mudguard "blades" (the center portion, sans stays and fitments which you have to cobble together on your own) that offer good coverage for 26in tires.  SJSC also offer a very minimalist design that catches water low on the tire, but I can't imagine it being a wholly effective design in really wet conditions: https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/mudguards/qbicle-tangent-universal-mudguard-carbon-700-x-25/?geoc=US

These would offer far better protection but they are not inexpensive:
http://www.veloduo.co.uk/products/swarf-carbon-fibre-mudguards

Bling is expen$ive!

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 09:14:41 pm »
120quid they can keep them. :'(
think i'll go with sks .