Author Topic: best barbag.  (Read 2064 times)

John Saxby

Re: best barbag.
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2016, 05:18:35 PM »
Skip the bar bag altogether, then, and go the Revelate/Tangle route, I'd say. No vision hassles, no mounting hassles, no possible wobble hassles, even the $$/ problem is less than an Ortlieb or Arkel h'bar bag.

jags

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2016, 05:30:02 PM »
as long as my knees wouldn't hit that bag  might be the way to go  cheers John.

anto.

bobs

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2016, 08:04:35 PM »
You can get an Ortlieb bar bag here for less than a Revelate tangle .

Bob

jags

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2016, 08:21:50 PM »
i had a lovely ortlieb bag one time a so called buddy asked if he could borrow it. that was about 8 years  ::) when i bought the sherpa  i bought another one  ultimate 6 i think it was.
the ould saying a friend in need it a pest.
anto stooled again.

anto.

Mike Ayling

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2016, 10:54:48 PM »
I have an Ortlieb bar bag, not sure of the size but use Klikfix mounting brackets which are Ortlieb compatible and don't require a new cable if you want to remove and replace the mounting bracket. I have Klikfix brackets on the tandem and the Mercury and switch the bag as required. I found the Klikfix easier to mount and remove the bag than the Ortlieb system.

Mike

Hi Mike, can you provide a link to the Klikfix bracket please.  I also find the ortlieb ones cannot easily be taken on and off without replacing the cable.  I only use a barbag (Ortlieb IV)when doing multiday tours so for the rest of the time I just have to look at the ugly bracket.

http://www.klickfix.com/index.php?lang=en

Cheers

Mike