Author Topic: Cairngorms 2016 Mini Tour  (Read 7740 times)

Templogin

Re: Cairngorms 2016 Mini Tour
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 08:08:47 pm »
I have been back at work for 2 days now and my cough has started again.  I am sure that office work is the quickest way to an early grave!

I have uploaded the snaps to Photobucket after resizing and renaming them, but now I can't get the links for them back out of Photobucket because of what I assume is a Flash problem.  I hope that I can find a way around this, even if it means leaving the photo hosting service that I have used for many years and putting the images somewhere else.

Matt2matt2002

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2016, 01:26:35 am »
Sorry to hear about the photo problem. Hopefully someone here will help out.

I don't think I'll be up your way next week. Forecast looks grim.
Luckily I managed 2 days away this week.
Bus up to Inverness with the Raven and then 62 miles down the East side of Loch Ness.
Youth hostel at Glen Nevis and managed 2,000 ft of Ben Nevi next day. That's half way and was just enough given that I rode back the next day. Funny how its different muscles used for walking compared to biking.
Weather was great all the time. Very strange for Scotland!

I can recommend the hostel. Right at the foot of Ben Nevis although a few miles out of town. Great museum to visit BTW.

Here's to your next tour.

Matt
Never drink and drive. You may hit a bump  and spill your drink

Templogin

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 10:44:40 pm »
Thanks Matt.  Yes, the weather has taken a turn for the worse here, very windy and a big drop in temperatures.  Come next year if you are not off somewhere exotic!

Matt2matt2002

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2016, 05:05:06 pm »
Thanks. I had been seriously planning for Ethiopia but recent err... political events have made me reconsider that destination.
I don't mind a bit of adventure but draw the lines at bullet dodging.
Option 2 is Morocco for the Spring.
But then the summer will allow me a return to Shetland.

Matt
Never drink and drive. You may hit a bump  and spill your drink