Community > Member's Gallery

MartinF's Raven Sport Tour

(1/7) > >>

martinf:
Finished building up the red Raven Sport Tour clearance frame I bought earlier this year, just before the last ones in my size went.

I've set it up for on-road use, for day rides and possibly short tours with minimal luggage use, just a Lord uplift and large Carradice saddlebag.

After considering a Nexus 8 I finally decided to splash out on a Rohloff.

No Chainglider on this bike (yet), but it might be possible later on if I change chainring size.

A mix of new, old and NOS parts, the latter include XTR brakes, these were on special offer at my LBS.

Several years ago I bought a stock of TA Cyclotouriste rings from a bike shop that was closing down, which explains my choice of crankset/ring. I'm starting out with 50x19, but have plenty of other sizes available to try.

Tyres are Kojak folding 35 mm, but I have clearance for 42 mm Supremes if I decide I want more comfort.

I got a B&M IQ-X front lamp. My initial impression is that it isn't significantly better than the B&M Cyo I have on other bikes.

This is the first time I have used compact drop handlebars, so I have left them untaped for the time being in case I want to alter the brake lever positions.

Danneaux:
Absolutely stunning build, Martin; all compliments your way. I think the T/A cranks and rings look magnificent on it.

Yes, wise to leave the compact drop 'bars untapped till you can ride/play with them a bit.

All the best,

Dan.

in4:
There is something wonderfully juxtaposed about the build. I love the contrast of the classic chain ring, leather toe straps. pedals  and shallow drops combined with the  rohloff etc. I was also struck by how close the bottom of the drops are to the secondary brake levers ( must be a 'proper' word for them) Nice one!

Ian N-1  :( For now!

John Saxby:
Nice clean lines, Martin--the red and black set off the bike's lines very well, and the silver detailing makes for a sharp contrast.  Enjoy!

ians:
that's a handsome looking bike.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version