Author Topic: Rear Light for Thorn Expedition Rack?  (Read 3137 times)

j1of1

Rear Light for Thorn Expedition Rack?
« on: October 06, 2016, 02:15:05 am »
I have a Thorn Nomad with the Thorn Expedition Rack in the rear.  The rack does NOT have any fittings for lights and I haven't been able to find a light that will mount on the rear rack.   Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.  Jan

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Rear Light for Thorn Expedition Rack?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 02:45:57 am »
Hi Jan!

I would suggest one of these, Thorn's own light plate intended to attach to the rear of their Expedition rack. It is pre-drilled to fit a variety of lights, and it is easy to drill another hole or two if needed:
https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/carriers-racks/back-plate-light-bracket-for-thorn-ex-rear-rack/?geoc=US

It installs in place of the black-anodized aluminum crossbar sometimes fitted to the two bolts at the end of the rack's top rails.

Best,

Dan.

julk

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 11:10:03 am »
Jan,
I started off using a couple of small p clips on the crossbar at the end positioning a light under the bar - that worked well.

I now use the Thorn plate cut down and with a Supernova reflector and rear light affixed - I like having a reflector in the setup.
Julian.

j1of1

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 01:22:57 am »
Thanks everyone.   I contacted folks at SJS...they got me straight.  Parts ordered!!  Thanks again.  Jan