Author Topic: Free! 4.5kg of maps  (Read 3658 times)

in4

Free! 4.5kg of maps
« on: August 16, 2016, 11:44:48 am »
Clear out time! I've circa. 4.5kg of old maps. Some cloth, quite a few Bartholomews, Lakes, Scotland, Wales, 1inch 1 mile etc, Free for the price of the postage.

Pavel

Re: Free! 4.5kg of maps
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 04:07:03 pm »
How about you fly me down ... and we will ride them again!  I'll carry the gear and make coffee! :D

On a serious, though less desirable note, if you have any of the US cycling assoc maps, I'd be very interested.  There is this itch, I'm getting.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 06:09:09 pm »
Clear out time!
Salute, Ian! I probably should do the same to my old Forest Service maps that go back to 1939 or so, but I can't bear to. They show "dangerous locations" that have since been scrubbed from the maps "for the public good"(?). Allkindsa interesting places now largely unknown.

I know more than a few, like Hell Hole and the Devil's Staircase:
http://www.opb.org/television/programs/ofg/segment/hell-hole/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfg7W_QixZk

Best of luck on the sale!

Dan.

Pavel

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 05:01:16 pm »
Clear out time!
Salute, Ian! I probably should do the same to my old Forest Service maps that go back to 1939
Dan.

Don't things that you got new when you were a teen-ager have any sentimental value Dan? You should hold on to those.  ;)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 05:32:45 pm »
...Salute, Ian! I probably should do the same to my old Forest Service maps that go back to 1939
Dan.

Don't things that you got new when you were a teen-ager have any sentimental value Dan? You should hold on to those.  ;)
I look remarkably young and vital for my age, Pavel.  ;D

All the best,

Dan.

David Simpson

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 05:51:38 pm »
I look remarkably young and vital for my age

I've heard that if you ride your bike every day for a hundred years, you will live a long life.

- DaveS

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 06:51:23 pm »
 ;D Hahaha! That might just be true, Dave!  ;D

My father lived to just a month shy of his 98th birthday and was convinced (along with his doctors) that cycling was a big contributor to his longevity in relative good health. He was touring in the back-of-beyond with me through his 74th birthday and riding on day trips for some time after that.

On a riverside walk last year, he told me he might live to be 110. Okay, but what happens then? "I'll re-evaluate".

All the best,

Dan.  (...who hopes to be so fortunate)

Pavel

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 04:45:22 pm »

I've heard that if you ride your bike every day for a hundred years, you will live a long life.

- DaveS
[/quote]

Funny (and prescient in regards to Dan) you should say that ...   http://adventure-journal.com/2016/05/historical-badass-endurance-cyclist-billie-fleming/