Author Topic: Brooks saddle spanner  (Read 4371 times)

jul

Brooks saddle spanner
« on: August 02, 2016, 02:49:42 pm »
Hi !

If someone have it, let me know !

:)

« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 06:45:11 pm by julio »

julk

Re: Brooks saddle key
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 10:28:14 am »
Julio,
I am sitting here looking at a spare one I have.
I can post it to you - PM me your postal address.
Julian.

jul

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 02:05:01 pm »
 8) 8)

;)

lewis noble

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 03:03:04 pm »
Glad you have located one, Julio - I had a Brooks saddle a few years ago, and the correct spanner certainly made adjusting the leather tension much easier.

I have a tin of the Brooks recommended leather treatment wax stuff - boot manufactures, makers of leather goods etc always seem to recommend specific treatments for the own products, and I wonder how much difference there actually is between all these leather treatment / preservative creams and waxes.  But if you want it, pm me.  I no longer need it.

Lewis

jul

Re: Brooks saddle spanner
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 03:37:45 pm »
Hi Lewis,

It is right, this key in steel seem very strong and enought heavy to resist and to make a tension properly.

As well, i think the nut dimension is specific at brooks and the space is very short for use with a another model of spanner..

Do you means, you have a cream pot like this in stock !? 

« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 03:40:05 pm by julio »

lewis noble

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 07:11:38 pm »
Just going to garage to make sure . . . I had a big clear out a few weeks ago . . . Yes, I still have a tin of Brooks Proofide as in photo. In my 'may need it one day' box.

But I no longer have a leather saddle, and am keen to get rid of stuff I have no use for. I would be happy to send it to you.

Lewis

David Simpson

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 11:35:21 pm »
... and am keen to get rid of stuff I have no use for. I would be happy to send it to you.

You wouldn't happen to have a spare Rohloff hub or Thorn frame collecting dust in your garage, would you? I would be happy to pay the postage. :)

Seriously though, thanks for your thoughtfulness and generosity to a fellow forum member. It's a big part of what makes this forum so great.

- DaveS

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 02:45:30 am »
Agreed with Dave; very nice gestures that typify the helpfulness of this Forum's members.

Well done!

All the best,

Dan.

jul

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2016, 09:13:45 pm »
I just got home after two months and half for a business trip and a hiking trip inside our great Ecrins national park in the Alps mountains (where i almost let my life ! )

I'm touched when i see two letters from uk really realized properly. I've received the Brooks cream pot and the spanner fits perfectly !

A big thank you  to Lewis and Julian

:)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 12:38:18 pm by julio »