Author Topic: Thorn Audax TT bike  (Read 2753 times)

sweats

Thorn Audax TT bike
« on: July 24, 2016, 05:49:06 pm »
Thought I would share some pics of my Thorn Audax converted for a recent sprint triathlon.The bike did well even if it's owner was a little creaky. Suffice to say there were no other Thorns in the race. Have just added the tri bars to see if I can improve on my time!
Pics are here :-
https://flic.kr/s/aHskEZh2Nv
Chris :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 05:55:55 pm by sweats »

in4

Re: Thorn Audax TT bike
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 09:33:03 pm »
Oh I do like that. What size is that chainring? Fair set for a blistering turn of speed, passing all the carbon paper clips on the way.
Thanks for posting.

sweats

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 09:16:37 pm »
Standard compact 50/34 chainset. I am afraid the carbon paper clips won the day despite my best efforts! :D

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 10:26:48 pm »
The bike looks fast even standing still...!

;)

Wonderful effort, Chris.

All the best,

Dan.

Neil Jones

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 09:37:39 pm »
Nice to see another Audax 853 on the forum, they seem quite rare these days. I reckon one in TT mode is a one off, they really are a versatile bike aren't they. I'm liking the colour very much too.

I bought Jag's (we miss you Anto 🙁) old 853 a couple of years ago and have been enjoying riding it and tweaking it to my preferences. Today I have been like a child waiting for Father Christmas as my new saddle Brooks Team Pro ti, Carradice Barley and Bagman Sport QR arrived in the post. I'll have to sort out trying to post a photo to put in the gallery soon.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Neil