Author Topic: best-cycling-jersey? - women's cycle clothing  (Read 2442 times)

in4

« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 03:19:30 pm by in4 »

John Saxby

Re: best-cycling-jersey? - women's cycle clothing
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 05:49:49 pm »
Thanks, Ian.

Nice gear, for sure, but the best I've found isn't listed.  I now get my jerseys and related from Ground Effect in NZ, here:
http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/

I have two long-sleeve "Berglar" jerseys, one blue and one orange; a blue Berglar T-shirt; & a red lighter-weight "Heatwave". The Berglar products use a dual-weight fabric, merino on the inside, polypro on the outside. This makes them much more durable that straight merion, and much more stink-resistant than straight polypro. They are slightly more stinky than pure merino, but the balance of lower price and better durability makes them very good value for me.  In colder weather, I wear the T-shirt under the cycling jersey, and put a hi-viz nylon vest over the lot to break the wind.

Excellent fabrics, quality manufacture (in NZ!) and fit.  Recommend them to anyone.  I usually buy my stuff on sale, and the favourable (for a change!) exchange rate helps too.

I haven't tried their foul-weather gear, but I know a few people who have, and I'm thinking to buy one of their products when my current rain jacket wears out.

in4

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 08:47:20 pm »
You've sewn or indeed sown a seed now John. That groundeffect gear looks great. I like the look of the Rock Lobster top as well as the Berglar jersey. Thanks for posting.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 09:14:36 pm by in4 »

rualexander

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 09:23:38 pm »
Groundeffect stuff is excellent, I've been using it for 16 years or so, prices are pretty high though especially if buying in from the UK where the exchange rate is not as good as it used to be and you also have to factor in VAT plus the Royal Mail £8 handling charge for collecting the VAT from you before delivery.

julk

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 11:28:24 pm »
+1 for Groundeffect clothing.
I have used the trousers, shorts and shirts for many years now.
Expensive to get into the UK, but they wear well and last a long time.
Julian.