Author Topic: RST with facelift  (Read 1956 times)

Hoodatder

RST with facelift
« on: May 06, 2016, 01:24:12 pm »
Some of you may be interested to see how the RST turned out after "butchering" my new RT. For the record, I am happy with the set up and this is my favourite of the 2.

To be honest, I think the RST looked better with polished alloy bars than the black, but the black does not detract from the overall appeal. In fact, a complete stranger stopped me in York whilst I was pushing the bike up a one way street  and passed a really appreciative comment - made my day did that.

Again, I would have preferred to do my trip on this bike but it couldn't lug about what I am going to carry, so that's that!! The 1st photo is of it was before the facelift.

The old wheels inc Son 28 are now on the RT. The new grizzlys and Rohloff are on the RST. The stand has been removed and I'm using a Clickstand - wished I bought one before  ???

To switch between the two bikes is manifestly different. The RST is so light and versatile, admittedly not an audax but it has enough agility and suppleness to take in the hills and pot holed roads without ending up "A over T squared" .

That's enough from me. I will post some pix of the RT in another topic if that's ok.

Hoot

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: RST with facelift
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 06:22:15 pm »
A magnificent machine in its own right, Hoot', and a wonderful counterpoint to your RT. I think you've pretty much maximized each bike for its intended purpose.

Looks terrific and then some!

All the best,

Dan.