Community > Member's Gallery

Nomad evolution

<< < (12/21) > >>

jul:
Irlande

Wales

After having riding the Wild Atlantic Way (Irlande) from Cork to Belfast, enjoyed the lovely Wales, and to battle the crazy ascents of South West England, i could test my Camel and draw conclusions, i'm happy with this bike and i love it  :)

mickeg:
I like to put my spare folding tire in a zip lock bag to keep dirt off of it.  If you get a tiny bit of sand inside a tire, it will eventually wear a hole in your inner tube.  And because a tire is pretty dense, it usually is in the bottom of a rear pannier.

I can't quite figure out how you mounted a platform rack on your fork.  Next time you take some photos, could you get a closeup of that rack and mounting?  That is one of several reasons that I really wish Thorn put the canti posts on the front of the fork like everybody else does, on my Sherpa and some other bikes I have a small platform on those canti posts on the front of the fork.

It is not often that I see a bike more loaded down than my Nomad was on my first day in Iceland, but this one looks like it is.  You have teh right bike for that kind of load.

I do not see a pump on your bike.  If you packed it away to avoid theft, that is understandable, I have done that on some trips.  But I usually keep my pump on my frame.

David Simpson:

--- Quote from: mickeg on June 23, 2018, 05:50:41 pm ---I can't quite figure out how you mounted a platform rack on your fork.  Next time you take some photos, could you get a closeup of that rack and mounting?

--- End quote ---

George,

Julio has a separate thread for his Nomad, and has posted some photos of his front rack. I think these are the photos that you are looking for.
    http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=11810.msg86558#msg86558

- DaveS

mickeg:

--- Quote from: David Simpson on June 23, 2018, 06:46:04 pm ---
--- Quote from: mickeg on June 23, 2018, 05:50:41 pm ---I can't quite figure out how you mounted a platform rack on your fork.  Next time you take some photos, could you get a closeup of that rack and mounting?

--- End quote ---

George,

Julio has a separate thread for his Nomad, and has posted some photos of his front rack. I think these are the photos that you are looking for.
    http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=11810.msg86558#msg86558

- DaveS

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  That was posted while I was in the middle of my Iceland trip so I was not watching forum postings at that time.

Interesting rack. 

jul:
Country side in Spain

Morocco

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version