Author Topic: Simeon's ride photos  (Read 58000 times)

Andre Jute

Re: Simeon's ride photos
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2018, 01:04:38 am »
great man with a camera.

+1 Couldn't have said it better myself.

fisher

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2018, 09:00:50 pm »

The view looking towards Lake District National Park from top climb over Arnside Knott
by Simeon Orme, on Flickr

You can see rest of photos and read ride report of 22nd July ride around the Arnside and Silverdale Area at this link http://www.southlakesgroup.org/july-2018/22nd_july.html

geocycle

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2018, 09:34:25 am »
Very nice and thanks for posting.  I was in Arnside on Friday and was struck by the increasing number of tea shop options.  In the end I went to the one at the farm by Arnside Tower in a converted barn which made a nice change. The Wolf House seems to have recovered from its change in ownership but Leighton Moss has never been quite as good since the woman from Dent who made the cakes ran off to Italy!

fisher

« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2018, 05:27:50 pm »

Geese in field near Gawthrop in Dentdale

You can see rest of the photos and read ride report of the 5th August ride to Gawthrop in Dentdale at this link http://www.southlakesgroup.org/august-2018/5th_august.html

John Saxby

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2018, 12:08:38 am »
Super photos as always, Simeon!  Love the geese -- but they seem unnaturally (i) clean, and (ii) placid.  Or maybe they're just ultra-domesticated?  Though our flock on the farm, all those years ago, were s'posedly domesticated, but in fact guarded the front yard.  Our Canada geese on the river here have a rep for being tough customers, territorial in the extreme.

geocycle

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2018, 09:04:38 am »
Thanks for the pictures Simeon!  I love the landscapes but the way you have picked out detailed subjects is excellent.

John, On geese I agree that the Canada goose is quite formidable. They seem to boss the goose landscape around here.  Riding yesterday I noted around 500 Greylags but the 50 or so Canada gees clearly held sway.

John Saxby

« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2018, 01:39:38 pm »
You're right about the Canada geese, geo -- they're quite un-Canadian.  I've never heard one say "sorry", f'r example, when they cross the bike path in front of you, at their own pace & without so much as a sideways glance.

fisher

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2018, 01:59:47 pm »
Hi John with regards to the photo of the geese, I enlarge the image of the geese using some some software called PhotoZoom Pro 7 which brought out some of the detail and then use the Impression in Topaz Labs Studio to get painting like background which make the geese stand out in the photo. 

John Saxby

« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2018, 06:17:10 pm »
Thanks, Simeon, that's welcome & interesting detail.  Echoing geo's comment, I admire the way you work back and forth between closeup detail and landscapes.

Years back, I took our daughter, then about 8, to see David Lean's re-issued Lawrence of Arabia. (The deal had been that I'd go with her to Cameron's Titanic, if she'd come with me the next night to see Lawrence.)  Part way through, she leaned over and said, "Dad, this is some film!"  Lean's mix of long shots and close-ups was special. You can live with the comparison, I guess?:

On a barely-related note, I was visiting some friends who have a cottage in W Qué across the Ottawa River, and the fellow had an outstanding and fairly terrifying photo of two eagles on their nest high in a pine tree beside the river.  Those eyes--orange/black and glaring--were altogether magnificent.

Cheers,  John

fisher

« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2018, 06:35:23 pm »

A view of Cockersand Abbey in North Lancashire

You can see rest of photos of 19th August ride to Cockersand Abbey and Forton at this link http://www.southlakesgroup.org/august-2018/19tha.html

fisher

« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2018, 08:15:56 pm »

lewis noble

« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2018, 08:44:55 pm »
As always, interesting, enjoyable, and superb photos.

Lewis

Matt2matt2002

« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2018, 11:34:57 pm »
I'd be interested to hear about your camera/ model and software you use.
Never drink and drive. You may hit a bump  and spill your drink

Andre Jute

« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2018, 04:48:01 pm »
I'd be interested to hear about your camera/ model and software you use.

Clearly not his iPhone camera! Check out the depth of field on the stone walls at Cockersand Abbey and the sloe photos above to see what I mean.

Super, super photographs, Master Orme.

fisher

« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2018, 08:26:12 pm »
Hi Matt2matt2002, I have been ask that question a number of times what I am going to do is put up page on my website listing all software that I use on the website and with links to where you can find more information about the software. With the regards the camera that I am using its a Sony Cybershot DSC-H300.

For those of you who want to see some my earlier work, I just finished added 2007 photo gallery to the website, I think highlight of that year was ride along the Helvellyn Ridge, you can find 2007 photo gallery at this link http://www.southlakesgroup.org/2007/