Author Topic: Ebay Thorn Mercury 550L  (Read 4138 times)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Ebay Thorn Mercury 550L
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 04:34:48 pm »
My! What a beauty!

Best,

Dan.

geocycle

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 05:29:42 pm »
Yes indeed.  If I knew how to ebay I might be tempted.  What is going on with that right hand grip?

Donerol

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 09:49:57 pm »
I see it has a kick stand - I thought that was a no-no?

in4

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 11:28:44 pm »
Hmm, with one point of contact to the frame. Doesn't seem to be putting bidders off though.

EMM

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 10:38:10 am »
Hello everyone,

I just thought this comment might put everyone's mind at rest about the side stand. To start off with the Mercury has only carried my commuting to work gear and gym kit. Secondly Robin (Mr Thorn himself) has seen the bike and has not expressed any concerns whatsoever, I guess he figures he builds bikes that ARE ACTUALLY QUITE STRONG. Honestly isn't that the whole reason we went for them in the first place?

To further allay any fears, there is no damage to any part of the bike let alone the chainstay as has been asked of me on ebay. I will be putting two on my Nomad, one on the lowrider and another at the back somewhere suitable.

Thanks for your concern, you could have asked me openly on ebay you know. Thanks to Mike who actually did.
Hmm, with one point of contact to the frame. Doesn't seem to be putting bidders off though.

Now thanks to Danneaux for recognising what you are looking at is actually a beautiful bike and in4 for salivating before casting unwarranted concern.

Hope that addresses your fears happy bidding....
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 10:40:54 am by EMM »

Cksa

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2020, 08:13:26 am »
hello, just found your post about the kickstand. I have a Mercury myself and am interested in the type of kickstand you used. would you have a pic, or just what type of kickstand  you used and where it was attached.
many thanks

Oggi

• D-JAC Limited
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020, 08:56:48 am »
I use a home made version of a “click stand” made from part of an old tent pole. It uses two lengths of pole from a redundant Terra Nova Voyager and is just the right length to go under the top tube with a bit of Velcro alongside my pump. You need a handbrake which I made with one of the bungees from the same tent to hold the rear brake on.