Author Topic: 26" Thorn RAV853VC Steel Fork - Black 52mm offset (for Raven or Sherpa mk3)  (Read 2953 times)

CAX

Fork used for about 70 miles + a new headset FSA Orbit XL 2

I was planning to keep the 853 fork on most of the time and only switch to touring fork when I am touring. It turns out I am too lazy for this and I kept the touring fork on all the time. The headset is unused apart from the crown race that was mounted by SJS cyclery and used for  ~70 miles.

Description from SJS:
- The lighter more resilient option for Sherpa Mk3 and Raven frames it is for 26” wheels (559)
- This fork has clearance for 2.15” tyres. It measures 370mm from axle to crown race seat and has a 380mm long, 1 1/8" diameter lighter weight Reynolds 853 steerer
- It has M5 stainless steel bosses for the direct and secure fitting of mudguards but no bosses for lo-loader carriers…this fork is not designed to carry a load
- The fork has V brake bosses on the front of the blades, at the perfect height for 559 rims
- It uses a cast crown which has an M6 thread for a dynamo lamp boss
- The blades are manufactured by Reynolds in Reynolds 853 in a lightweight “COMPETITION GAUGE” and have a comfortable, tight radius bend with safety dropouts
- These forks are designed to be sleek and exceptionally comfortable…they are made from probably the finest steel in the world.

For frame sizes 475M / 500S / 500L / 530S / 565S / 420-ST (Step-Through) please use fork with 52 mm offset

150 pounds including headset and shipping.

CAX

Additional pictures