Author Topic: Thorn Nomad MK2 s&s frame for sale  (Read 3133 times)

AndrewGheHuang

Thorn Nomad MK2 s&s frame for sale
« on: February 14, 2016, 05:54:37 pm »
Hi all,

I'm selling a 565L MK2 frame and fork with couplers. Also included are the stock FSA headset, eccentric BB shell, a fairly new (>300miles) shimano UN55 bottom bracket, 350mm seatpost, and coupler tool. As far as I know, the steerer tube is uncut - there are about 29cm of steerer tube.

There are a few chips in the paint. There is also a very minute ding in the top tube. The retaining bolts on the bottom bracket have gouged the eccentric bottom bracket a bit, so it could stand to be replaced (about 30£ from SJS) but it works fine as is. Other than that, the frame is in superb condition. Frame has been treated with framesaver to protect the inside of the frame.

I'm in California, USA and I'm willing to ship within the US. Please let me know if you have any questions
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 06:33:57 pm by AndrewGheHuang »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Thorn Nomad MK2 s&s frame for sale
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 06:16:23 pm »
Hi Andrew!

Welcome to the Forum and best of luck on your sale. Detailed photos seem to help bikes sell more quickly and for higher prices, so you may wish to link to or attach some. I have written a little tutorial on how to do so here: http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=4313.0

I don't see mention of color.

Thorn's uncut steerers seem to be 400mm long form crown race to top of steerer, so that is something to keep in mind.

All best wishes to buyer and seller alike!

Dan. (...who lives in Oregon, a bit north of you)

AndrewGheHuang

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 06:35:34 pm »
Dan,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've updated the post with some pictures. For some reason, they are all upside down! I'll try to fix this later.

mickeg

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 10:16:11 pm »
My steerer tube is about 290 mm, I cut a couple inches off of it.  My Nomad is a size 590M, I have no idea if all Nomads have the same steerer tube length or not.

I am not interested, but if I was, I would want to see a photo of what you are saying about the eccentric as I would be wondering if I need to buy a new one or not.

I am in Wisconsin.  Nomads in USA are very rare.  Not sure if that will make it easier to sell, or harder.  Not many people know about them here.