Author Topic: News of nztony  (Read 6734 times)

nztony

Re: News of nztony
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2016, 09:45:27 am »
in4, I know the Fools and Horses scene you are talking about, and agreed, the Cambiums seem to be getting a lot of followers, particularly with bikepackers it seems.

StillOld, the Nomad can definitely take your weight as it hasn't even blinked at my mine!

Andre, that bit of the coast can be ferocious in a southerly storm. To get there is a 40km trip each way, so I usually only do it when a southerly is forecast so I get the tailwind home. It is quite out of the way once you get there, but that is half the attraction. This is the same location, where the road ends and I turn back:

mickeg it certainly is a Revelate bag, the Gas Tank: https://www.revelatedesigns.com/index.cfm/store.catalog/cockpit/GasTank I bought it before I got my Ortlieb Handlebar Bag. As it stands it is probably overkill, but I keep my cellphone and or a energy bar there these days. Nothing wrong with liking a yellow bike, my next bike is going to be orange - enough of dull colours for me, been there done that.

jzdparis

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2016, 09:11:13 am »
Kia ora from another NZer and about-to-be Thorn owner: I'm intrigued by the fact that the Cambium is the fourth saddle you have tried and the one that you (finally?) like ... What were the others?  And why the Cambium?  In one review I read there was a comment about the way its fabric pulled at/roughed up bike shorts etc.  Is this your experience?

nztony

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2016, 01:23:24 pm »
jzdparis,

I am so sorry I didn't realise you had asked me a question almost two months ago.
I've be riding the Cambium for a year now so finally found the one that works for me, the C17 Carved. To me once you find the correct saddle you don't really think of it, it just does it's job. i.e. it doesn't make itself known. The other three I experimented with were the Brooks B17, a Specialized and then a Selle Italia Turbo (a remake of the old 1980s classic.) I won't go into detail about the pros and  cons regarding each one as saddles are super personal and what one person likes the other hates so it is almost impossible to make a recommendation to anyone.

I wear lycra shorts and the saddle hasn't ruined them and I'm riding on average a little over 1000kms a month, 1300km in both March and April then with the flu barely 500km in May.

Best regards
Tony.