Author Topic: Rides 2016 — add yours here  (Read 40883 times)

jags

Re: Rides 2016 — add yours here
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2016, 11:16:36 am »
Well done Planetx tough cycling yesterday with that strong south east wind ,at least when you rode solo for 80 you could do it at a pace that suits u.
anyway well done tough auld going that audax riding.. ;)

jags

jags

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2016, 11:23:49 am »
Well while Planet x was doing his big ride we Drogheda wheelers headed for the seaside town of Skerries serious headwind all the way. the coffee stop was mega  i was treated to an americano and toast lovely it was too.
coffee break over headed back the same direction tail wind all the way home the pace was pretty high which didn't suit me to be honest but i hung on in the back,
we all parted went our own way when we hit home so great spin enjoyed by one and all.

on the down side the fast group came across a road accident lorry and car the girl in the car was killed few of the lads tried to help but sadly it was to late.
be careful out there lads :'(

anto.

Andre Jute

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2016, 05:56:39 pm »
Desperately cold for this time of year but managed a short ride. Coming back across the river...

Andre Jute: Sleeping Swan Mourning, River Bandon, Co Cork, Ireland

This swan normally lives in the deep pool above the weir, opposite the police station in Bandon. But this afternoon, presumably after a lunch of too many fat frogs, I found it catching a nap lower down the river. Despite appearances, it is safe enough, the little pebble island being entirely surrounded by water. The ducks and gulls which normally crowd this part of the river are far too experienced to come near such a large and dangerous — and, it must be said, bad-tempered — animal as this swan, which is alone, and very unpredictable, after its mate was killed by an escaped mink which some careless idiot imported.

Swans mate for life and if a mate is killed, don’t mate again. Since we had only one pair of swans, this is a tragedy for our river as well as for the surviving swan mourning its mate.

rualexander

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2016, 10:34:50 pm »
A day down the Clyde coast today, ferry over to Dunoon and cycle round to Loch Striven and back, with a 'drum up' on the shore in the sunshine.

rualexander

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2016, 10:36:09 pm »
And some more

jags

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2016, 10:46:57 pm »
class. 8)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2016, 10:58:07 pm »
"Class" indeed!

Rual, I cannot begin to tell you how very much I look forward to your photos.

Every one's a gem!

All the best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2016, 11:34:41 pm »
that's the beauty of knowing your own area ,great routes for cycling makes for lovely photos.

geocycle

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2016, 07:26:50 pm »
Almost spring in the dales today, snowdrops, lambs, scones with jam and cream...

And great views that hide the 1 degree C!

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2016, 08:47:44 pm »
Lovely, Geo'!

Looks almost like a model set.

A very evocative photo, and a real pleasure to see.

Best,

Dan.

David Simpson

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2016, 09:15:14 pm »
A day down the Clyde coast today, ferry over to Dunoon and cycle round to Loch Striven and back, with a 'drum up' on the shore in the sunshine.

Photo #4 is stunning. I am tempted to use it as the background image on my computer, but then I wouldn't get any work done. :)

Thanks for posting them.

- DaveS

rualexander

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2016, 09:55:07 pm »
Cheers Dave.
Photo 4 was on the private road into Glenstriven Estate, a very unusual cobbled road that looked of fairly recent contruction, wouldn't like to ride on it for long on the audax bikes, makes you realise how uncomfortable the likes of Paris-Roubaix must be!

David Simpson

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2016, 10:22:02 pm »
Cheers Dave.
Photo 4 was on the private road into Glenstriven Estate, a very unusual cobbled road that looked of fairly recent contruction, wouldn't like to ride on it for long on the audax bikes, makes you realise how uncomfortable the likes of Paris-Roubaix must be!

But on my Nomad, it would be fine. :)  Unfortunately, my Nomad and I are an ocean (and more) away. :(

- DaveS

John Saxby

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2016, 01:45:45 am »
Brilliant photos, guys.

Rual, I'm forever in awe of your control over the Scottish Weather Gods. Whatever it is, you should bottle and sell it, sparingly.

Fine sweep of the dry stone walls against the hilside, geo.

Lotsa bikes on the roads here in Australia's Gold Coast, especially in the brilliant fresh early morning sunshine; but all of mine are in the basement workshop in Ottawa, whimpering and whingeing about the cold. Reckon I'll bring one with me on a future trek to see our family.

Meantime, the nearest I get to a 2016 ride is close scrutiny of maps...

jags

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2016, 10:43:00 am »
photos are fantastic but yeah in reality you would feckin freeze get soaked to the skin more than likely get man flu for a couple weeks , the poor bike would suffer the same  faith.
nah give me sunshine  any day  smooth tarmac. :'(