Author Topic: And yet more Spam...! :P  (Read 8311 times)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
And yet more Spam...! :P
« on: December 18, 2015, 06:37:49 pm »
Hi All!

We seem to have been hit with a massive wave of spam and it will take me awhile to ban the miscreant, report them to Internet-wide blacklists, then clean up the mess.

Please bear with me, as I must split my time between this task and that of volunteering to fill sandbags against the flooding that is currently sweeping through my area.

Much of Oregon is underwater at the moment, with today offering the slimmest break between storms to brace for the next wave coming this weekend, so time counts. I am okay in my little corner of the world, but the same is not true just 5 kilometers away, where farmers are trying to get horses and livestock to higher ground, trees are toppling, and sinkholes are opening. Meanwhile, the mountains are getting a load of much-needed snow after last summer's drought, but it is too much at once and the downed trees are closing the highways. People south of me have been without power almost all week.

If interested, there are photos and descriptions here:
https://twitter.com/NWSPortland
http://kval.com/news/local/hwy-138-e-fully-reopened-following-5-day-closure
http://www.oregonlive.com/weather/index.ssf/2015/12/december_deluges_atmospheric_r.html

My sincerest thanks to those who flagged and reported the spam. I'm on it!  :)

All the best,

Dan.

Danneaux
Thorn Cycling Forum Administrator
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 06:52:14 pm by Danneaux »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: And yet more Spam...! :P
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 06:51:57 pm »
Okay...I think I have found and eradicated all the spam. I'll keep an eye open for more, as these things sometimes come in waves.

Best,

Dan.

mickeg

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 08:08:15 pm »
Okay...I think I have found and eradicated all the spam. I'll keep an eye open for more, as these things sometimes come in waves.

Best,

Dan.

One more:

http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=11545.0;topicseen

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 11:44:40 pm »
Gottit!

Many thanks to you and Donerol, mickeg, for spotting this stray. If you find more, please let me know.

All the best,

Dan.

JimK

• Interdependent Science
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 02:23:56 am »
Wow, I have been seeing reports of the flooding in Western Oregon, but those reports really sound horrible! Stay safe!

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 03:08:39 am »
Thanks, Jim; will do! So far, Danneauxville is safe. I took the tandem out today and kept having to reroute due to the rising waters. They weren't just over the bike paths and roads, they were *deep* and had current and the occasional fish flopping across what would normally be pavement.

A number of trees were in the slow process of toppling over in the damp soil, their roots raising large bulges on the far side as they leaned over further and further. One has already taken out a safety railing as it fell across the bike path, and I wouldn't go into the woods on a bet right now. After this week's winds, there's a *lot* of deadfall on the forest floor. Portland has had it much worse than here in Eugene, with massive slides on Burnside and on Barnes Road, where it winds over the hills to the west. The Coast has been hit really hard also.

Today was relatively dry, with only periods of rain this late afternoon and again this evening, but everything is supposed to let loose over the weekend once again.

We really can use the rain after such a long dry spell, but this has caused problems also. The river banks were so low, it took awhile for them to absorb the water, and so flood stages have been more difficult to predict accurately. If we can just get a bit more snow in the mountains, the snow-pack will go far toward supplying the rivers and springs through next summer. So far, the temperatures have been mild except for one cold patch in November. I see snow is predicted for a week around mid-January on the Valley floor. That'll be interesting. I need to be in the Capitol (Salem) on the 12th, the first day of the expected "snow event".

All the best,

Dan.

JimK

• Interdependent Science
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 03:27:17 am »
Barnes Rd! That's my old territory! I lived near 185th & Cornell, along Rock Creek. We'd get some good flooding there, for sure. Nothing steep enough right there for mudslides at least.

Here, the high for Christmas Eve is 64F!

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 04:28:16 am »
Jim,

A few pictures from earlier this month. Portland has been slammed, but so has Tigard and Vernonia to the west:
http://www.oregonlive.com/weather/index.ssf/2015/12/portland_metro_wednesday_traff_1.html

64°F for Christmas Eve! My! That'd be a good temperature for early Spring.

All the best,

Dan.