Author Topic: Burton cycleway Cheshire  (Read 3991 times)

in4

Burton cycleway Cheshire
« on: August 28, 2015, 08:51:50 pm »
Looking for a little owl over Burton Marsh today a very impressive light beam caught my eye as it came towards me. I reckon it was an edelux on the front of a Sherpa. I think another Thorn was accompanying but couldn't be sure.  That'll teach me to concentrate more on bikes than owls!

Andre Jute

Re: Burton cycleway Cheshire
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 09:34:31 pm »
Now what are the odds on that?! A wild owl just where it is supposed to be, and three, count 'em, three, Thorn owners together.* This report has altogether lifted my day with good cheer.

*No, seriously, I'd give better odds on Dan being able to start a flourishing Oregon Rohloff Owners Club — after all, Portland OR, home of the cycle weirdos, is just down the road.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Burton cycleway Cheshire
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 11:14:05 pm »
I'd give better odds on Dan being able to start a flourishing Oregon Rohloff Owners Club
True, that. There are two bicycle factories in Eugene-- and a number of custom builders -- who equip their bikes with Rohloff drivetrains. In Portland? They aren't yet growing on trees, but there's surely out there in the mix, mostly on custom frames.

Notsomany Thorns, though. I've never seen any in person here except mine. I'd be thrilled to see a rare Thornus Corvus corax (Thorn Raven bike) in the wild. Well spotted, Ian!

All the best,

Dan.