Author Topic: Audax Mk3 - Red  (Read 3214 times)

redjumper

Audax Mk3 - Red
« on: February 11, 2023, 09:42:36 pm »
A place for the build and maybe a few trips
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 06:05:13 pm by redjumper »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Nomad Mk3 - Red
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 10:22:36 pm »
Oooh! I love New Bike Day and there's nothing better than getting in on the unboxing!

So looking forward to the buildup and use photos for this one, Red.

Best, Dan.

PH

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2023, 11:35:36 pm »
How exciting!  Thorn/SJS are masters of packing, whether its a bike or a few odds and ends it's always well wrapped.
Do you have all the bits for the build ready to get it together in a day? Or are you still at the gathering stage?
Wheel size? gearing? After choosing the colour, they're the two big ones.

redjumper

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 06:04:13 pm »
So. The nomad didnt work out. But I got hold of a nice audax mk3 on ebay.

The seatpost is stuck and its been roughed about a fair bit in its past but I am starting to make it mine..slowly.

Levers are Athena 11 speed. Running a Shimano 10 speed set up.

I love campagnolo's hood shape and fit my hands better than shimano. I wanted to run a sub compact chainset 46/33 so I think Campagnolo's front mech options are limited. Obviously there's loads for shimano so stuck one on there. Works fine. I dont think Campag has plans for their stuff to be run retro-ly so all 10-9-8 speed stuff should work well with their levers.

I am getting some wheels build - SON delux on ADHN rims - silver of course. Shimano deore rear hub is silent freewheel which I love so going with that. Pillar spokes.

Aim is to use it as an everyday commuter, audax'er and Lost Lanes Explorer. Those rides I have got really into! More that typre of cycling I think. 20-30 mile loops with pub stops, smelling the flower stops, flapjack stops.. etc..

Slow progress but I'll share when I can.

PH

Re: Audax Mk3 - Red
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2024, 08:21:27 pm »
Shame the Nomad didn't work out, hope the Audax does, they're very different bikes.