Author Topic: You British guys have some strange terms  (Read 4991 times)

roycowherd

You British guys have some strange terms
« on: February 28, 2007, 07:33:57 pm »
Well, although I'm sure there will be a lot more, as we speak from New England, not Old England, I think the total Thorn population here is about 20.  Other than Boston, I don't think  I'll be reporting any Raven sightings in the near future.  

Honestly, Americans are perplexed by internal hubs.  I meet a lot of guys and gals who have only read about them.  They're all afraid to buy one until they see someone else with one.  That would be "me."  With one, that is.

ahconway

Re: You British guys have some strange terms
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 12:15:28 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by roycowherd

Well, although I'm sure there will be a lot more, as we speak from New England, not Old England, I think the total Thorn population here is about 20.  Other than Boston, I don't think  I'll be reporting any Raven sightings in the near future.  

Honestly, Americans are perplexed by internal hubs.  I meet a lot of guys and gals who have only read about them.  They're all afraid to buy one until they see someone else with one.  That would be "me."  With one, that is.

I concur - I'm in Boston and the huge number of fixies here tends to make people think that's what I'm riding too, then they perplexing looks come as I start climbing...

I didn't know there were any other Ravens in New England apart from the eyesore that's been in the window of Harris Cyclery for ages - you in Boston, Roycowherd? I'm in Arlington.

Andrew C.
www.velofellow.com
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 12:16:08 pm by ahconway »