Author Topic: I spy - Belton Ravens  (Read 19221 times)

PH

I spy - Belton Ravens
« on: December 18, 2005, 03:14:11 pm »
Among the many bikes of all shapes and sizes at this annual mince pie munching Christmas get together, SIX RAVENS!

EXP that looks like Team Triplets, could there be another like that?  Obviously someone not bothered about weight, carrying several kilos of mud, WASH THAT BIKE[;)]

Matching pair (Brace?)of black Raven Tours, looked very sweet together. Did they have the owners names on?  Or was that something else I was looking at?

Another Black Tour, very shiny.

Sleek looking Mk1 Sport Tour, drop bars and carbon forks.  The first I've seen, very nice.

And of course my red Raven Tour[:D]

Six out of about 100 bikes is pretty impressive and there were plenty of other Thorns.  My Raven has defiantly lost some of it's novelty value.  Last year it was the only one I saw there, and it was attracting a lot of interest, this year no one seemed to notice it.  Quite glad in a way, there are only a certain number of times I can answer the same questions[;)]

Team Triplet

Re: I spy - Belton Ravens
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 08:38:10 pm »
Quote "EXP that looks like Team Triplets, could there be another like that? Obviously someone not bothered about weight, carrying several kilos of mud, WASH THAT BIKE"

Yes it was mine.  While spoil a good bike by washing up the memories!  At least compared with many so called off road bikes, my eXp looks like she has been off road!  Most of the dirt has accumulated since returning from Danmark from riding my off road route to and from work.  She has been washed at least once - before going to Danmark, when passing through "immigration" into agricultural countries it is a good idea to go through with a clean bike!

Ceri-Siân's xTc was also there although she was not riding it.  In fact is was a very emotional day for her, she rode the front of Toucan tandem, Siegfried.  She had a friend on the back.  As she put it, "the last time she rode to Belton on her, she was stoking on the back".  Oh how she has grown up.  Siegfried was the tandem pulling Yasmine our Bob Yak dressed up as Santa's sleigh.

My eXp has celebrated Hogmany and Sylvester by a nice night ride back from Salcey Forest.

Team Triplet

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 02:34:07 pm »
Originally posted by PH

EXP that looks like Team Triplets, could there be another like that?  Obviously someone not bothered about weight, carrying several kilos of mud, WASH THAT BIKE[;)]

For those not at Belton - I have posted some photos of my "clean" bike on the Team Triplet web site see:
http://www.team-triplet.com/TTSite/exp2.htm
She is a bit more muddier from the ride to Salcey Forest on New Years Eve.

xtc girl

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 06:21:25 pm »
Hi, I was at the Belton Mice Pie Run riding the front of Siegfried.  PH- I agree that my Dad should wash all the mud off his bike (as I think it is one reason why his rohloff hub broke and also, it looks horrible!!).

Ceri

EDIT: Mum says the bike needs to be cleaned aswell.  Alos, Dad has just said that the bike will get a wash this weekend...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 09:03:29 pm by xtc girl »

xtc girl

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 12:13:46 pm »
STOP PRESS: The EXP has been washed, due to Dad not being able to ride as eventually the mud clogged all up the mudgaurd and stopped the weel from turning. [}:)] But, in the processing of cleaning the bike, Dad covered the kitchen in mud and oil- Mum is not amused.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 12:16:58 pm by xtc girl »

PH

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 01:00:43 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by xtc girl

STOP PRESS: The EXP has been washed, due to Dad not being able to ride as eventually the mud clogged all up the mudgaurd and stopped the weel from turning. [}:)] But, in the processing of cleaning the bike, Dad covered the kitchen in mud and oil- Mum is not amused.

I didn’t mean my comments to cause any family strife[;)]
It was good to see how much muck can be accumulated on a Rholoff without it affecting it’s ability to work.
Mine never stays dirty for long, it’s kept indoors so gets washed after every muddy ride, one of the advantages is it’s so easy to clean.

xtc girl

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2006, 05:46:20 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by PH

quote:
Originally posted by xtc girl

I didn’t mean my comments to cause any family strife[;)]
It was good to see how much muck can be accumulated on a Rholoff without it affecting it’s ability to work.
Mine never stays dirty for long, it’s kept indoors so gets washed after every muddy ride, one of the advantages is it’s so easy to clean.

It was quite funny actually, Dad cleaning the chain in the sink, but still managing to cover the kitchen in oil[:D]Dad will probally go the long way home from work, so his bike will get muddy again.[V]My bike was washed as well, I think mine will stay clean for a while yet.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 05:59:41 pm by xtc girl »

Team Triplet

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 07:00:53 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by PH

Among the many bikes of all shapes and sizes at this annual mince pie munching Christmas get together, SIX RAVENS!

How many Ravens will there be this year at Belton - could it be double figures?  Our party could well have 3 Ravens, my muddy Exp and two Raven tours, one of which could be only just hatched!

efpw

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 07:30:26 pm »
Hello Team Triplet.  I have just been looking at your EXP and would like to hear more about your S and S fittings.  I am seriously considering a Raven Sport Tour with these, but there is little feedback on them and I have not seen any pictures of them unassembled / mid-assembly.  Any comments would be very helpful..
Many thanks

stutho

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 06:38:59 am »
What / Where / When is Belton?

PH

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 09:34:08 am »
quote:
Originally posted by stutho

What / Where / When is Belton?

Belton is a small village  about 5 miles West of Loughborough in Leicestershire.  The mince Pie gathering is in the village hall on Sunday 17th December. It's an opportunity to meet up with lots of the CTC and touring  clubs in the area.  With apologies for my ignorance, I’ve no idea of its history or who runs it.
I shall be there, probably riding over with the local CTC and probably on my Raven.  

stutho

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 10:23:34 am »
Thank PH – Unfortunately too far for me.  Hope you have a good time.

PH

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 02:39:13 pm »
Wow, what a gathering, I've never seen it so packed, must have all come out to enjoy the winter sun. It's usually hard to get a seat, today it was hard to get standing room.
Only spotted two other Ravens, a pair of black tours that looked like they'd been well used, but it was hard to pick anything out in the mass of bikes.
I didn't spot Team Triplet. Anyone else there?

Team Triplet

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2006, 10:29:18 am »
quote:
Originally posted by PH

Wow, what a gathering, I've never seen it so packed, must have all come out to enjoy the winter sun. It's usually hard to get a seat, today it was hard to get standing room.

Only spotted two other Ravens, a pair of black tours that looked like they'd been well used, but it was hard to pick anything out in the mass of bikes.
I didn't spot Team Triplet. Anyone else there?

I was there!

I arrived about 11am thinking it was empty, where was everybody, but shorty afterwards it crowded out.  I suspect with the fine weather people took a longer route to Belton.

You should have at least heard me, I was relaying the raffle numbers from halfway up the hall.  In the past few years I did it from the stage.  I was in the RSF jersey with Tandem Club top.  Perhaps my bike was too camouflaged by mud to be seen.[:D]  I was parked around the back.  In the party I brought over there was one other Raven, a Raven Tour with flat bars and a rather sloping saddle.  I didn’t notice any others.

PH

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 05:54:43 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Team Triplet

You should have at least heard me, I was relaying the raffle numbers from halfway up the hall.  In the past few years I did it from the stage.  I was in the RSF jersey with Tandem Club top.  

Yes I certainly heard you!
I rode over with Derby CTC, we had a better turn out than normal and it looks like the other groups had the same.  I normally park round the back, but by the time we got there, midday, there was no space with bikes laying everywhere. we managed to grab a spot at the front as some people were leaving.
I'll introduce myself next year, now I know who to look out for (Or listen for)