Author Topic: 2 Schwalbe Marathon Duremes 26 x 2.00 - unused  (Read 2702 times)

lewis noble

2 Schwalbe Marathon Duremes 26 x 2.00 - unused
« on: June 22, 2015, 11:56:30 am »
Seems there are a number of tyres for sale at the moment, here's my contribution.

I bought these Duremes about a year ago, when supplies seemed uncertain, and my son wanted a pair.  But he changed his mind!  I now run mainly on Supremes, and I have a pair of Duremes for 'heavier' times, so am selling these.

Unused.  Still in original boxes.  Stored in dry and dark garage loft, as new condition.

Current price around £55 + postage.  I will sell the pair for £90, to include UK postage.  Would much prefer to sell as a pair.

pm me if interested. 

If people think this is a high price, I confirm that they are unused, boxes unopened from original sjsc purchase. 

Lewis

lewis noble

Re: 2 Schwalbe Marathon Duremes 26 x 2.00 - unused
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 06:14:55 pm »
Well . . . no takers so far!!  I thought I would have to take the phone off the hook . . . .

Since posting this, I see that some suppliers are advertising them cheaper than I am asking for, though they usually come up as 'out of stock' or 'no longer available'.

I am open to offers for these tyres, and hope that I can move them on to other Thorn riders.

Lewis

markbUK

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 09:55:25 am »
Hi it might be helpful to specify if they are tandem specific or not, as it might make a difference, I picked up two tandem specific ones from planet x for £12.99! But the solo versions do seem to have disappeared .. Mark

lewis noble

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 11:27:30 am »
Good point, Mark - my understanding, when I bought them, was they they were solo specific folding tyres.

Having said that, I put identical looking and feeling duremes on my tandem a few years ago and they have performed very well with no trouble / punctures at all.

lewis

markbUK

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 12:16:36 pm »
The ones I got say "tandem ready" in red on the side wall, I don't recall anything specific on the original box,

lewis noble

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 03:19:56 pm »
No 'tandem ready' on mine, so I reckon they are the solo version as sold by sjsc for £50 + at present.

Lewis