Author Topic: TUNING OUT CHAIN “STRETCH” ON INTERNAL HUB BICYCLES, FIXIES, SINGLE-SPEEDS  (Read 3937 times)

Andre Jute

TUNING OUT CHAIN “STRETCH” ON INTERNAL HUB BICYCLES, FIXIES, SINGLE-SPEED AND DERAILLEUR BIKES by Andre Jute
The theory and practice of derailleur chain tensioners, vertical dropouts, horizontal dropouts, slotted frame ends and Rohloff OEM slider dropouts, with reference to power and braking torque resolution, and to suspended and unsuspended bicycles, with a critical path decision tree through the complications

Sorry, you'll have to read it on my blog.
I used to know how to drag in whole articles but can't now seem to manage it.
And it's a day's work linking the many illustrations again...
Enjoy!
TUNING OUT CHAIN “STRETCH” ON INTERNAL HUB BICYCLES, FIXIES, SINGLE-SPEED AND DERAILLEUR BIKES by Andre Jute

Andre Jute

Article updated with a rare and wonderful derailleur position found by a reader, not previously included in the article. Actually, I never pretended the article was even comprehensive (it was already long enough), never mind exhaustive (it would never end!), but still, if Gazelle is pushing this layout... Click the photo or this text to go there and read about it.

John Saxby

Nicely written and illustrated, Andre.  This may be making a virtue out of necessity, but I'll stick with my dimpling EBB, duration still t.b.d., of course.

Andre Jute

If you're thoughtful with your adjustments, replacement could be a way off and is anyway not devastatingly expensive.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 09:29:29 am by Andre Jute »

John Saxby

That's my assumption, too, Andre. ("Calculation" would be too generous -- I'm on terra incognita here  :) )