Author Topic: anto's first tandem ride god help me.  (Read 12510 times)

jags

Re: anto's first tandem ride god help me.
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2015, 11:07:43 pm »
Quick update on the tandem cycling.
Well we are much improved  ;) i think so far we done about 12 rides 40 km  during the week evening time as darragh works , much longer spins at  weekends usually with the local cycling club 90 km average speed 23kph.
i have to say im enjoying the tandem hills are hard tho if we are with the group we usually get droped but on the flat we can certainly motor.last week we passed a guy toeing a caravan i'd say he nearly had a heart attack when we went flying by at 50kph .
we got a minute on the group and they never caught us  Darragh loves speed no fear whats so ever bloody headcase. ;D

anyway folks thats the latest all's going well thank god long may it last.

anto.

John Saxby

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2015, 12:25:18 am »
Great stuff, Anto and Darragh.  Any photos available?

jags

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2015, 10:13:59 am »
ah can't post photos because its not a Thorn  :'( sad but true.

uksteve58

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2015, 10:18:06 am »
Yes very sad Anto, I just enjoyed reading your tandem posts, and would have liked to see a picture or two.
Methinks the rules need relaxing!!...who knows, your experiences may encourage others to try a tandem...and I guess one of their first port of call may be SJS.
Anyway fair play to you Anto and your stoker....takes some guts for him but at the same time must give him a tremendous sense of freedom.

jags

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2015, 11:02:49 am »
He loves it Steve he was getting out with his wife for ten twenty km spins ,
when he started coming out with me  i soon changed that to 50km now up to 90 km spins at a much fasrer pace  ;).
yeah pity i can't post photos here i know its a thorn forum but we kinda have a little community going here, i love to see and hear what you lads and lassies are up too be it on a thorn bike or a massy fergusin tractor makes no odds to this kid  ;D ;D.

anto

Andre Jute

« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2015, 11:25:51 pm »
90km! That's amazing, Anto. Congratulations to you and stoker both.

jags

« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2015, 02:54:30 pm »
Darragh couldn't make it this morning so got a spin in meself well me and bob dylan  8)
56 miles 13mph averagh not bad for an ould fella.
last 5 miles was into a very strong headwind man i thought i was going to die ,this wind will crack me up it being a gale all year what the hell is going on with our weather, havent cycling on a calm day this year. :'(

anto.
2 videos on  facebook and few photos .really oscer winning stuff  ;)