Author Topic: Worldwide Insurance  (Read 11405 times)

jv

Worldwide Insurance
« on: February 23, 2007, 08:08:30 pm »
Does anyone know of insurance to cover worldwide cycling for longer trips of up to 1 year..?

julk

Re: Worldwide Insurance
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 10:15:01 pm »
M&S do a home insurance contents policy which can extend cover for possessions (including bicycles) worldwide.
They also have a travel insurance policy which can have a term of a year, although it costs more if your holiday is classed as a hazardous activity e.g. an expedition.

I have no connection with M&S except as a happy customer of the home insurance.

Henryka

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 09:09:18 am »
Getting insurance to cover your big bicycle tour is more complicated. If you’re bike touring for 90 days or less, it’s easy to find insurance. Even finding policies of up to 1 year isn’t too hard. For more than 12 months, however, you have to focus in on a specific set of long-term policies and – hopefully – find one that will let you renew the policy from overseas.

Prinsen

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 09:24:37 am »
I agree with Henryka.

I think your bet best would probably be to check on a Cycling Travel Insurance coverage. They would offer Travel Insurance in Europe and Worldwide for trips where you will be participating in Cycling. You might also want to check here for some options:

http://www.jsinsurance.co.uk/travel_insurance/cycling-travel-insurance.html

Hope it helps!

Hartog

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 06:19:28 am »
I think you should get an international travel health insurance. International travel health insurance will cover illnesses and accidents while traveling abroad. The coverage, premium, and other terms will depend on your personnel requirement.
So I think that you should discuss your matter with the insurance company. You can detail discuss the terms like coverage, period of cover, etc.

Dunkgrease

• My Bicycling Adventure
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 12:06:45 pm »
You might like to have a look at the write up on insurance that we posted on our web site http://www.my-bicycling-adventure.com/insurance.html.  It gives some useful information about insurance.  Suggest you also look at http://www.campbellirvine.com/. We have used them for the last three years.  They have tailored the cover to our needs.  We only go for emergency heath and repatriation cover. We don't bother with personal belongings, holiday curtailement, flight cancellation etc.  We can renew it each year no matter where we are in the World.  Hope this helps.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 03:10:26 pm »
Hope this helps.
I'll say! Steve, this is wonderful information to consider, and I see you've taken care to cover many of the questions that concerned me. The information squares with much I have found...particularly regarding the limitations of insurance, coverage, and reimbursement. Nice job; thanks!

Best,

Dan.

richie thornger

• Batman to Robben
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 01:55:12 pm »
Was looking into this myself and found a good article on travelling twos website.. They had a long list of who did what. I realised it wasn't going to be a quick job and put it to the back of the pile. I shall update when I have investigated.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy