Author Topic: Nathan Stainless Steel water bottles on sale for £9.49 incl delivery  (Read 1935 times)

Andre Jute

Nathan Stainless Steel water bottles on sale for £9.49 incl delivery, choice of three styles, all with drinking straw cap that you drink from upright, without having to raise and tilt the bottle; spare straws included in bottle. Plain stainless, full black soft touch cover, half silicon slip-on cover. I bought the last, which just arrived, and it is a quality item. Unlike other water bottles advertised as stainless, which are really plastic-lined aluminium, this one really is food grade 18/8 stainless steel, and therefore likely to last.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/nathan-steel-water-bottle-700ml/rp-prod120800

David Simpson

Do these bottles fit in standard bike water bottle cages?

- Dave

Andre Jute

Yes, they do. The silicon-sleeved bottles have a bit of stiction but that's why I bought a half-sleeved version of the bottle, because I keep losing my bottles to big potholes that I cross at speed 'cos I can, and I want some more stickitivity. that was the first thing I tested when my bottle arrived. But there is also a smooth all-stainless version if that is what you want.

Suggestion: buy the half-sleeved one I got and you can always slide the sleeve off later and use the bottle without, if you prefer it that way.

One small possible negative though. The black tube on top that swivels upright that you suck on is not covered. I imagine that on a mud pluggers' bike, or in a cage under the bottom tube near the bottom bracket it will get yucky pretty soon. For my sort of riding, and with the bottle carried a fair way off the road, it doesn't matter. I've had bottles without protective fliptops before, and the teat doesn't get dirty, again, in my sort of riding.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 07:02:28 pm by Andre Jute »

David Simpson

Thanks for the tip, Andre. I have been wanting to get some metal bottles, since I am tired of drinking out of plastic. I have ordered some of these bottles.

- Dave