Author Topic: No Notification Emails ...  (Read 12867 times)

Aushiker

• Aushiker: Bicycling and Bushwalking in Western Australia
No Notification Emails ...
« on: April 30, 2015, 01:03:54 pm »
Hi

I don't seem able to receive notification emails or in fact even password re-set emails. I have tried changing my email address and still no emails. Both emails are valid and I have checked spam folders. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Andrew

jags

Re: No Notification Emails ...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 03:28:51 pm »
Hi Andrew hope all your touring is going well.
best bet is to try and contack Dan .
safe cycling buddy.

anto.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 04:15:18 pm »
Checking, Andrew...

All your settings appear correct in your account at this end, so I am looking into other possibilities and will get back to you.

All the best,

Dan.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 04:24:18 pm »
Hi Andrew!

After checking your account setting carefully, all appears to be in order from this end, and you have all the appropriate boxes checked so you should be receiving messages.

I have just sent you a PM, so hopefully you will be receive notification of it and will see it.

If not, please let me know. Please also PM me through the system so I can see if your messages are getting out.

I will continue to look into matters at this end, and if I find anything amiss, I will tell you. Meanwhile, please let me know whether or not the problem persists.

All the best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 04:26:22 pm »
Your a class act mr wood  8)

Aushiker

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 05:12:59 am »
Thanks Dan. I am afraid I am not getting any email notifications but the PM did show up here, just no notifications.  It is really weird as I have this problem here and at BikeForums [I get reply notifications but not not forum notifications].

To get around the problems at BikeForums I use an RSS feed. Is that available here or a really easy fix? It might be of interest to others as well.

BTW can you advise the email address used .... I just want to double check that aspect. I am pretty sure they are not getting blocked or treated as spam but to be 100% sure ...

Thanks for trying.

Andrew
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 05:15:15 am by Aushiker »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 05:34:24 am »
BTW can you advise the email address used .... I just want to double check that aspect. I am pretty sure they are not getting blocked or treated as spam but to be 100% sure ...
Surely, Andre. I will do so by PM so your email won't appear in open Forum where it could be picked up by spam robots (the text version of the Forum can be viewed by anyone).
To get around the problems at BikeForums I use an RSS feed. Is that available here or a really easy fix? It might be of interest to others as well.
It seems others aren't having similar problems, but I will dig a bit deeper. We don't have an RSS feed option at present.
I am not getting any email notifications but the PM did show up here, just no notifications.  It is really weird as I have this problem here and at BikeForums [I get reply notifications but not not forum notifications].
Hmm. This generates some thoughts on the matter. I will look more deeply with this in mind and advise later.

A PM or two from me awaits you.

All the best,

Dan.

AndyE

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 07:06:24 am »
I too have had problems with my account! I think this is due to my use of Firefox! One of the Items that would not work for me viewing this forum in Firefox was the Preview box. It would not generate a preview! prior to posting for me to check for typos.  I changed to Google chrome and hay presto no more problems.

Andy.
Doncaster in deepest South of Yorkshire

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 08:01:55 am »
Andrew,

I see you are not subscribed to all the boards, so that may be a factor also if you are missing notifications from a specific board.

You should still get *some* email notifications for the boards you've subscribed. Every thing appears to be in order here with your accont settings, and the Forum is showing no signs of corruption.

I will continue to look further.

Best,

Dan.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 08:04:59 am by Danneaux »

Aushiker

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 09:46:10 am »
Thanks Dan.  Other forums I belong to e.g., YACF, Australian Cycling Forums, Cycle Chat, MU43 ... (okay way to many) work fine. It is just this one and 1/2 problem at BikeForums.com for some reason. I am using Firefox if that helps at all.

Andrew

rafiki

• rafikiPHOTO
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 10:21:33 pm »
I'll add a +1 here. I never get notifications.  :'(
Brian.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2015, 05:57:33 am »
Oh, boy. I will look deeper in the system. Anyone else not getting email notifications?

I was getting mine so consistently I turned 'em off to avoid getting swamped (and I've seen and read every.single.post here anyway, back to Day One).

Hoping it's not a flood, but...

Best,

Dan.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:02:36 am by Danneaux »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2015, 07:04:04 am »
If this is universal,  I'll delve into the mail server settings,  but I have a feeling this may relate to a security update.

Best,

Dan.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:10:48 am by Danneaux »

rafiki

• rafikiPHOTO
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2015, 12:15:44 pm »
If this is universal,  I'll delve into the mail server settings,  but I have a feeling this may relate to a security update.

Best,

Dan.

I can't remember ever getting a notification from this forum Dan. It isn't something new for me.
Brian.

AndyE

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2015, 12:52:07 pm »
Don't normally subscribe to e-mails but I have for this, lets see what happens.
Doncaster in deepest South of Yorkshire