Author Topic: Anyone know of a US source for 4.8mm piggyback spade connectors?  (Read 3906 times)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Hi All!

I'd like to buy a bunch of 4.8mm piggyback spade connectors, but they're rare birds here in 'Merka. Peter White Cycles has them (he's the North American distributor for a number of brands, including Schmidt, Tout Terrain, and B&M), but I find his prices to be higher than I prefer and he has now instituted a USD$12 minimum order requirement before shipping is added.

I found standard 4.8mm female spade connectors inexpensively on eBay in bulk quantities, but not the piggyback ones except in 6.3mm.

I'd be most grateful for a pointer to sources either in the US or available to the US at bulk rates (i.e. something less than a Dollar or Pound apiece). Quality Chinese sources are fine by me. Checked Alibaba, but they're a bit unclear on rates by quantity.

Thanks!

Dan.

jags

Re: Anyone know of a US source for 4.8mm piggyback spade connectors?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 10:29:54 pm »
12 bucks for postage thats a bit muchi wont be buying anything from that guy.can't help you buddy i've no idea what they are. ::)

anto.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 11:01:58 pm »
Nope, not $12 for shipping, but $12 minimum purchase total for the order itself.  It wouldn't be a problem for most things, but seems a bit high for some connectors which are also priced a bit steeper than I prefer.

I'm ehm, "careful" with money, figuring pennies add to dollars...

All the best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 11:22:19 pm »
That's even worse. :o

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 07:18:43 am »
Problem solved, I think. A good friend in Bavaria will pick some up for me from the Conrad's chain of electronic supply stores when he drives in to Regensburg next week, then drop them in the post to me.

Outstanding. Where would we be without friends?

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 02:12:59 pm »
 8)