Author Topic: Radio Recommendation  (Read 11446 times)

jags

Re: Radio Recommendation
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2015, 07:52:04 pm »
i bough a roberts pocket radio paid about 70 euro for it ,i brough it back the next day and got a cheap  sony totally useless but every bit as good or bad as the roberts.mind you on its first outing i dropped it over the nearest hedge ,radios just don't work on the move.

Templogin

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 05:41:17 pm »
If we meet, remind me not to let you near my radio   :-\

jags

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 06:31:37 pm »
 ;D ;D ok.

David Simpson

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 06:39:48 pm »
I'd like to find out where jags lives, and search the nearby hedges for radios.

- Dave

jags

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2015, 06:51:39 pm »
David you would find a hell of a lot more that radios, ;D i paid  big money for a  waterproof  jacket one time  wore it once put it in the bin  when i got home soaking wet.dont talk to about tyres ,bartape  saddles .ah i've calmed down tho with the amount of gear i've given away or  binned i could have a new clubtour under my arse but sure such is life.

jags
(the cop on pills is finally starting to work) ;D ;D

Templogin

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2015, 09:10:54 pm »
Jags, it sounds like you might be related to a bloke I came across in Sussex.  i saw what looked like a mig wire reel in his skip, so asked if I could grab it for an extension cable reel.  He said "help yourself mate, it still has the Snap-On mig welder attached to it".  Sure enough it was as he said.  The wire wouldn't feed properly so he tossed the whole thing in the skip.  I didn't need a welder, but I grabbed it nonetheless and took it home.

jags

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 10:18:50 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D brilliant .

il padrone

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2015, 01:52:39 am »
+1 on the recommendation for TuneIn. Throw the radio away!

Templogin

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2015, 04:33:28 pm »
Only useful with an internet connection.  I have just upgraded my phone to one with a camera, so it may be a few years before I get around to a smart phone.  In the meantime my wifi iPad keeps me happy enough  :)

il padrone

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2015, 04:23:36 am »
TuneIn can be obtained from the App Store for the iPad as well  ;) If you have a wifi connection you have any radio staion around the globe.

Templogin

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2015, 03:51:19 pm »
Since buying the radio I have found something that might have been better suited

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001F4ZWKS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_1&smid=A3HPR1BKO1WY20

Sangean DT250

I was especially interested by the wire antennae, amongst other things.  Only a fiver more than the one that I bought.  And after all that research.  Pfft!