Author Topic: A 'group' of Ravens!!!  (Read 3595 times)

stan

A 'group' of Ravens!!!
« on: February 06, 2007, 07:37:08 pm »
Hi everyone

2007 started horribly for me..... suspected heart attack.... whipped into hospital...... where they discovered that the pains were lung-inspired and it turned-out to be pneumonia!!! BUT, the point is my son got me a wind-up radio + headphones on which I could get BBC radio 4.......... very useful in a French hospital!

I was dosed-up to the eyeballs and not really taking anything in.....
but I'm sure that somewhere in the haze I heard a programme about words and wordplay.  And during the programme they were talking about collective nouns and I'm darned sure someone said that the collective noun for 'ravens' is an 'unforgiveness'.

Can someone confirm that I wasn't dreaming........ 'an unforgiveness of Ravens' !!!?!  Sounds unlikely, but I recall it as clear as clear.

I'll be back on my Raven within days....can't wait...... a belated Happy New Year to all

Stan

ians

Re: A 'group' of Ravens!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 08:06:10 pm »
Hi Stan

hope you're feeling better.  Most common collective noun for Ravens is a 'Murder' of Ravens, followed by an 'unkindness' or 'conspiracy'.  Never heard of 'unforgiveness' - although I guess anything is possible.

ians

simonsydney

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 08:40:02 pm »
This might help http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_collective_nouns_for_birds no mention of an 'unforgiveness'

cheers,

Simon

geocycle

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 09:26:21 am »
How about 'a smugness' of raven bikes!!!!!!!

stutho

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 10:53:51 am »
As long as its not 'a racket' of Ravens!  

My vote would be for 'a perfection' of Ravens.

stan

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 06:53:06 am »
Thanks everyone........... "unkindness" seems the most likely candidate for my drug-hazed memory.

Slowly getting the miles back into my legs..........

Cheers