Author Topic: HS-33 UNEVEN! please help  (Read 2895 times)

ibanezking

HS-33 UNEVEN! please help
« on: January 24, 2007, 03:02:08 pm »
hello. i'm running an HS-33 2005 model on a echo pure , with echo rim ( the one with the square bits cut out ) . i have the hs-33 positioned as close to the rims as i can, and i think the echo rims are one of the widest rims you can get. but here's my problem...

the TPA is turned fully up , the brakes are as close to the rims as possible but even still i do not have good pull. the pull is right down to the bar grips and is still not locking fully! its been like this for a very long time now. so i decided that it might just need a bleed so i bought a bleed kit and followed loads of different exmaples of how to bleed them and for a while it was better but then it just went back to normal, and as i was turning the TPA up again i noticed that on the right hand side ( the side that the bleeding bolt is attached to, and it was like that before i bleed them so it wasnt a problem caused by me ) the brake pad is sticking out almost touching the rim but on the opposite side the brake pad is still sitting as if the TPA wasnt fully on . so they are really uneven and i really need help with this ( sorry about the explination my knowledge on the names of things isnt that great )

i hope that you can help me , do you think its just like one of the seels in the brake?

thanks

mark

ibanezking

Re: HS-33 UNEVEN! please help
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 10:33:53 am »
well i figured it out myself, i took the brake cylinders off and took the pads off . i put tape around the one that would move in and out when the tpa was turned, and pulled the brake lever which would force the one which wouldnt move out fully and then i put lube on it which solved the "tpa issue" , but the pull was stil crap so i managed to effectively extend the tpa by making an addition to the rod which goes into the master cylinder. which worked and nowits perfect...thanks for the...no help :) just messing