Author Topic: My eXp Frame!!  (Read 35105 times)

Mario

Re: My eXp Frame!!
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2003, 07:21:13 pm »
What a relief. Btw, I meant 'talking' not 'taking'... Since you have furthered my education once before (BB) is NYC New York City or County?
I honestly regret that I'm not riding a Thorn cycle and I would have dearly loved a Nomad, but not feeling too sorry for myself, the fact is that I'm slightly handicapped and have difficulties getting over the crossbar. Therefore the Brompton for pottering round town and the Moulton for longer rides. As soon as Thorn produce a Nomad with a flip-up crossbar I'll buy it! Now there is a challenge.

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2003, 08:48:17 pm »
NYC=New York City...

:)

Mario

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2003, 10:03:20 pm »
Thank you, also for the smiley. I keep on reading that nobody in the States cycles. That can't be true, judging your and and your forum friends' enthusiasm as far as cycles are concerned. Here in Europe the best facilities for cycling apart from Holland must be Germany, I believe. Where I live things are slowly getting better but you still find that on an bike you are not the best loved person in the world. Outside the rush hour you can pile your machine on the train for free and go to the rather beautiful countryside for a day's riding on or off road, which I do (only on!)

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2003, 01:37:29 pm »
Actually there are quite a few Americans who love cycling but sadly by and large... the USA is still obsessed with the car.

What you speak of in Europe(Germany)is the envy of many American bicyclists... that's why we typically make our way to Europe to do some touring at some point or another.

hoogie

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2003, 06:03:26 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Mario

As soon as Thorn produce a Nomad with a flip-up crossbar I'll buy it! Now there is a challenge.

I'm sure if you talk to Robin Thorn, he can arrange something for you. They are very very helpful at Thorn Cycles and will go out of their way to help you.

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2003, 01:27:25 pm »
Hoogie-

I can 2nd that as well... Robin & Co. have been fantastic with helping me out so far.  Of course we'll see in another few months when they grow sick and tired of my constant emails with questions.  ; )

Mario

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2003, 04:04:59 pm »
Thank you for your worldwide praise of Robin,I'm sure he is a very nice person but at the moment my creditcard glares at me with a distinct 'not another cycle' look and shows some fraying at the edges. It has not quite recovered from the purchase of the Moulton.
Last Summer I visited Germany, regrettably without cycle but traveled extensively by train - along the Rhine and the Danube. The weather was brilliant and there were cycle paths along each of the rivers. Riders of all ages were out enjoying themselves and I sat yellow and air- conditioned in the train - Germans go that colour when they are envious, and when in Rome...  I certainly did not see anybody out with that peculiar haircut, the mullet.And (almost)no Lycra in sight!
 English cyclists, or at least most of them, appear to be unable to pedal unless they are fully clad in garments of that glaringly colourful fabric, even on a leisurely ride on a Sunday afternoon for example.
 Enough of Nation bashing.
I could do with spell checker on this forum - not being a native (English) speaker I find that my spelling turns out sometimes  somewhat exotic. So please don't be too hard if you find something stupid which slipped through even after the third reading.

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2003, 04:12:32 pm »
Mario, your speeling is groat!

J/K of course... and I never presumed we were "nation bashing" anyway... I thought we were poking fun at all our oddities of being part of the Human condition.

Mario

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2003, 04:25:07 pm »
I was just going to ask what groat is and then I got it! See no sense homur either,I haven't.

Cephas

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2003, 05:49:52 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Istanbul_Tea

NYC=New York City...

:)

I recently saw a list (have misplaced the link) entitled, "You know your're a NYC bike rider when...". One entry was "When you know you're going to be busy the first Sunday in May".

Well, are you?

Any due date on the 'baby'?

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2003, 04:28:45 pm »
Robin says the "baby" is due by the first of the new year!  I've already purchased the stroller, crib and diapers!!

No, the 5 Boro Bike Tour is a dick-fest... too many cyclists, too many people and way too many accidents happen as a result of both!

Cephas

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2003, 07:25:56 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Istanbul_Tea

No, the 5 Boro Bike Tour is a dick-fest... too many cyclists, too many people and way too many accidents happen as a result of both!

I agree, but my teenage kids insist that we go. And since there are so few things that they'll do with their old man these days, I give in. What's a dad to do? Enjoy them while they're small, while you can lash them into the trailer and go where you want to go.
However, it is amusing to watch riders with cell phones fall over because they can't talk, brake and get out of their pedals all at the same time.

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2003, 08:48:36 pm »
Kids... what can a man do?  I know with our 4 year old daughter the more I do the more she thinks Mommy is No.#1 but yet I still do my best... my wife tells me that someday I'll be appreciated for my good deeds and that she(my wife)will be the brunt of our daughters scorn... hmmmm.

Your kids will probably love the tour... just be careful amoung all the riders who don't have a clue.

Andrew

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2003, 05:28:56 pm »

Hi, here's the pics of your new frame! [:)]

Andrew

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2003, 06:49:44 pm »
All I can say is, SWEEEEET!!!

You've made my day!!

Is an eXp decal going to be on it or do I have to explain to people that it really, truly is an eXp?!?!

Thanks a ton Andrew for the pics!!