Author Topic: London 2 London via the world.  (Read 2619 times)

AndyE

London 2 London via the world.
« on: January 04, 2015, 09:05:17 pm »
Happy new year to you all. I think you will find this interesting and inspiring.

At -9.4c scraping frost of the Van this morning made me think of Sarah Outen Human power journey around the world. London to France by kayak. Cycled from Calais France to Japan, tried to row from Japan to Seattle/ Vancouver got ship wrecked, set out again and ended up at Adak.

She resumed her travels in April 2014 from Adak half way down the Aleutian chain of Island and kayaked the 2500 miles to Homer in Alaska with a another Girl Justine Curgenven in 101 days. There is a pod cast of the journey Hear She set out from Homer in late August on her Bicycle "Hercules" a Rohloff equipped bike and is and Just north of Grand Forks North Dakota @ - 24c :o heading south and making her way to the east coast of the United States where she will row back home to the Uk. You can keep track of her journey Hear

Andy
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 10:04:59 pm by AndyE »
Doncaster in deepest South of Yorkshire

John Saxby

Re: London 2 London via the world.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 12:25:18 pm »
Serious bizness indeed - wow!  I've been in Grand Forks in the summer, and it can be a windy place ... at least she's heading east.  I hope she'll take the route South of Lake Superior -- don't think I'd fancy the Transcanada Hwy on the north shore of the lake in winter.