Author Topic: is santa coming to your house.  (Read 11569 times)

leftpoole

Re: is santa coming to your house.
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2014, 11:22:51 am »
How WONDERFUL for you! Happy Christmas indeed.

leftpoole

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2014, 11:26:08 am »
got it in blue and black  8)

anto.

what do you think . ;)

Anthony,
Happy Christmas, but you will, sooner or later regret leaving behind not only Steel is real
but all your real true Thorn friends!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Purchase in haste with desire licking your lips. Envy of friends bikes usually leads to sadness...
Remember what I told you!
Happy Christmas and a good New Year to you and your family.
All the best,
John

jags

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2014, 12:32:33 pm »
Jabus John your a bundle of joy  ;D ;D
i dont think the lads will shoot me for buying a bike thats going to suit me far better than the thorn.
believe me when i tell you once i get this bike built up i will enjoy every pedal stroke make no mistake about that my friend. if its a thing it doesnt suit me i'll sell it and buy another, sure why not  i'll be dead for years have the craic while im still above ground. ;)

anto.

leftpoole

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2014, 01:28:29 pm »
Anti
I hope the bike does suit you, but remember we will all be here when you return to the fold. Thorn will remember you and embrace your character and good humour.
You will be sadly missed as you bring such fun to this Forum!
I hope that you will be able to get the bike built before you are too old and too slow to enjoy it?
Have fun building it but remember to make sure you have mudguards fitted!,,,,
All the best,
John

jags

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2014, 03:15:04 pm »
Mudguards NEVER AGAIN  ;D ;D ;D..

ah fear not I'll still join in the banter on the forum all or most of you lads take life to serious   i live from one day to the next what comes  at me I'll deal with it best i can sure i cant do better than that ...

if i had the money i would have  a dozen bikes would not hesitate to buy another thorn there great bikes for sure  but i enjoy  lightweight bikes as well ,I'm like a big kid when i get new stuff cant wait to get me little mitts on this dolan should be fun.but if ever i do buy a thorn it will have carbon up front 700 wheels with 25mm tyres max no need for those big heavy tyres only slow a fella down. ;)tw John it will be after christmas before i fix u up   ;) sorry for the delay but you know its safe.

anto.

John Saxby

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2014, 04:21:53 pm »
Hi Anto!  Santa here, delighted you're delighted, everybody wins!!

The deal is, though--please check the fine print on p. 258 of the delivery contract, claus 627B [ho-ho-ho], & you'll see there's no room for doubt--you can keep the new boike only if you contribute regularly to one or both of the "Cycling General/Non-Thorn" and "Muppets" threads of the Thorn Forum.

The elves an' me will be watchin', assisted by our friends at Google an' such, an' if your part of the deal is not observed, well, a year hence There Will Be Consequences.

jags

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2014, 04:35:31 pm »
hi santa  glad you got my letter dont let me down now i'll be sleeping with one eye opened.dont come down the chimney come round the back i'll have the kettle on for ya  8)

have a great christmas  john eat and drink plenty  ;D ;D

anto.

alfie1952

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2014, 07:34:48 pm »
WHOOOOOOSSSSHHHHHH

" What was that "

"Just Anto  trying out his new bike"

;)

jags

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2014, 08:11:40 pm »
Hah i wish  ;D ;D.

i keep checking  the tracking its still in liverpoole  :'(.

Andre Jute

« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2014, 01:20:24 am »
Hah i wish  ;D ;D.

i keep checking  the tracking its still in liverpoole  :'(.

Check the time into the depot. It usually leaves about 12-24hrs later. But if it will be stuck in the system because they've shut down, you want it stuck in a depot rather than at some airport where it may not start moving again. I had a bike that missed the last delivery before Christmas stuck in a container in a field outside Dublin for ten days into the new year until I persuaded a nice chap physically to go check the container it came in. It was the only parcel left in the container. They were so embarrassed, they sent a huge truck on a 400m round trip with only my bike in it to come deliver it.

jags

« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2014, 11:34:36 am »
still in liverpoole hopefully next week. ::)

leftpoole

« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2014, 03:29:43 pm »
still in liverpoole hopefully next week. ::)

A to
I've got the thing here with me! I know the delivery man and he redirected it so that I could fit the mudguards for you.
I'm just drilling out the rear stays now, ready for the bolts!
Happy New Year.....
John  >:(

jags

« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2014, 06:19:19 pm »
hah  ;D .
i was in my daughters house for Christmas dinner and lovely it was too. when i got there attention i asked who was buying me what for  my new bike ,man what a lecture i got sorry i opened me mouth. ;D ;D
the wife said i had a new set of mudguards hanging up in the shed.its as well i have the Christmas spirit or she was for the high jump saying things like that to me . ::)

anto

Slammin Sammy

« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2014, 05:33:14 pm »
Santa brought me a Honey Stove and Trangia burner, after reading Jackie's (bikerta's) great thread on it some time back.  :) I can't wait to put it to use, but it'll be months - We're in the Total Fire Ban season here in Oz, and even though the HS is eminently controllable, one spark can light up a forest. Big fines for naked flames this time of year!  :(