Author Topic: is santa coming to your house.  (Read 11501 times)

jags

Re: is santa coming to your house.
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 11:24:08 am »
I just got some great news for Christmas.

The Dumfries and Galloway CTC are again organising the the KM rally, over May 22 - 25 in 2015, the Spring  bank holiday weekend.
Based at Barnsoul camp site http://www.barnsoulcaravanpark.co.uk/.

The booking form for the rally and evening meals is not available yet, I will post it when it appears.
Accommodation, tents, wigwams etc. should be booked direct with Barnsoul by letter or phone (01557 814351).
They should be giving a 5% discount to rally goers.

Anto,
The days are good with a variety of rides in the scenic hilly countryside.
The evenings are great with superb meals available in the local village hall plus entertainment and chat.
Book the meals in advance once the booking form comes out.
I hope to see you there…

Julian.
Brilliant news  Julian i neary got there a few years ago pity it didn't happen love to see scotland,i was watching a wildlife programme on tv last night   Wild Scotland yeah beautifull place for sure .but with this new bike im getting its gonna cost me loads of money to get it on the road and  we are trying to get the fair to sanfran cisco to visit the son and his family  doubt i'll get over but the wife  is hoping to get over.anyway julian  something to look forward too enjoy the festival should be a cracker.
anto

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 05:21:55 pm »
John (who is wishing for health)
...and us, hoping you get it, John!
Regarding purchasing rather than receiving gifts, how strange is it that cyclists (other than myself) can spend thousands on bikes but become Scrooge skinflints when wanting clothing/lighting etc!!!
'Cos there's nothing left in the coffers after buying the bike! :D No, in my case, it is just that I'm naturally "careful" with money, so try to get the best deal to extend it. Good point, though; it does seem a truism!  ;D
have you looked at the Ground Effect site?
Excellent suggestion, Mike, but they're not local to me, so I can't try-on before buying. REI helped tremendously in that regard, as I knew right away if the clothing had even a chance of working in a given size. It is a bit discouraging shopping the mail-order sales only to find I've eaten the cost savings in out-and-back shipping costs. Ah, me. Sure do like the Ground Effect things I've seen online, though...especially these: http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/product/MER/DAD
Interesting Dan. I am not complaining about my £2.50 pair from Aldi UK
Hug and hold and keep 'em, Ian; at that price, you still came out ahead! I am still amazed at my luck in finding Lidl Medium cycling shorts that really fit in Croation stores...equivalent of USD$7 in cost. Wish I could have bought a gross of them.

By the way, I always go for unpadded tights and 3/4 pants so I can add or peel them off mid-ride if temperatures change (my padded cycling shorts are my base-layer). I have one pair of really nice Pearl Izumi padded bibs bought as a store donation for USD$14 at the thrift shop. Like everything about them except the bib part. All seemed fine till Nature called in the midst of a very rainy ride on a freezing day with nothing to serve as dry cover overhead...and everything up-top had to come off to release the shoulder straps so the bottom half could lower. Cold! Wet! No fun!  :o 3/4 tights are my new go-to layering favorite, as they keep my knees warm yet vent nicely below for a "happy medium" on cool mornings with temps down to about 3°C.

All the best and happy Santa Dreams,

Dan.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 05:57:48 pm by Danneaux »

jags

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2014, 05:41:53 pm »
have to say the cycle clothing ive ever bought is assos  just cant be faulted very expensive though but you certainly get what you pay for.
i bought a stormproof jacket from corrine dennis and althoughits good its not great i dont like the side pockets to far back and the collor is a pain the the neck  but it does keep off the rain and stormy weather cant be faulted on that..
i dont like aldi gear i think its pure rubbish i did buy  jacket and bibs i wore them a few times i then binned them totally useless.

Neil Jones

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2014, 09:39:51 pm »
I love Aldi for the quality and value for money as regards to groceries but I bought two pairs of Winter Cycling Tights which I threw after a couple of rides. The gel pad was awful and the material didn't breathe causing me to develop nasty boils which took an age to disappear, needless to say I always pass the cycle clothing baskets when I do my shop regardless of how good value they appear.
Neil

jags

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2014, 11:00:09 pm »
Neil corrine dennis bibs are great top quality pad in them last ages i bought a few pair from her i think 50 euro a pop.                                                                                   

Neil Jones

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 06:35:52 am »
I'll keep my eyes open for them, cheers. I bought a pair of Dhb shorts, tights and overshoes which I think are Wiggle's own make, they are very good quality for the money.

Maybe I was unlucky with the Aldi tights, you probably get good and bad items even with high end stuff like Rapha although I've never been flush enough to buy any of their clothing.

Keep me posted on your new frame Anto, I'm not on Facebook so you'll have to email me some pics. I'll sort out the Audax disc after Christmas, I'll need to get the manual out first  ::).

Regards,
Neil

jags

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2014, 10:26:10 am »
will do Neil thanks for that buddy look forward to watching it mind you i have a video play as well if that easier for you to record.
i ordered the frame yesterday  no idea when it will arrieve  certainly not before christmas pity i could drool over it for 5 or 6 hours  man i sure hope i got the size correct   ;D ;D

anto.

geocycle

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2014, 12:25:39 pm »
Which frame did you go for Anto? Have you got a link?

jags

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2014, 01:05:37 pm »

jags

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2014, 01:07:37 pm »
got it in blue and black  8)

anto.

what do you think . ;)

geocycle

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2014, 01:17:08 pm »
Wow, nice lines! The short chain stays will be really noticeable.  Maybe more noticeable than the weight of the audax frame alone. That really is a contrast to the thorn, just hope it's the right size and you like it!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:59:38 pm by geocycle »

jags

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2014, 01:27:47 pm »
I painted a house for a guy few years back  he was a member of the irish olympic cycling track team he said terry dolon made all his bikes for him he reckon he is a pure genius when it comes to designing bike
's a few of the lads in the local group ride alu dolan bikes and they love them.
i had a good chat with one of the lads on the dolan site told him my exact height and the problem i have with my back he reckons the 48 medium will suit me fine ,just hope he nailed it .
i cant get to ride it until i get the money for a groupset  trying to sell my guitar AGAIN  to finance it but no takers so far.
anyway fingers crossed this all comes together for me i'd seriously hate to give up cycling. :'(

anto

alfie1952

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2014, 04:31:09 am »
Hi everyone,

On Monday night we opened our  front door to be greeted by Ho Ho Ho from a jovial Santa Claus who gave us chocolate coins and a Christmas card. The card was from my son who had left Edinburgh four years ago to work in the Cayman Islands. My wife was delighted and told Santa where her son was. What happened next was incredible as Santa took of his wig,whiskers and hat to reveal our son. Absolutely magical and the best present we could have wished for. ;D ;D

Wishing everybody a very merry Christmas.

alfie

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2014, 06:22:50 am »
Alfie!

What a wonderful Christmas story! Best gift from Santa was...Santa!  ;D

All best wishes now and in the New Year to come,

Dan.

Neil Jones

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2014, 07:27:21 am »
Wow Alfie, what a nice surprise, bet there wasn't a dry eye in the house.

Looks a lovely frame-set Anto, love the colour, very classy.

Wishing everyone a happy and safe Christmas,

Neil.